D&DH was developed under the direction of white-tailed deer hunters offering comprehensive and practical information about white-tailed deer and deer hunting techniques — the type of editorial no one else has been able to imitate. Subscribe now.
Inside This Issue
• If you are seeing fewer deer while sitting on the same old stand, it’s probably time to back off.
• A gun-hunter’s guide to beating the crowds, keeping the faith and outwitting bucks.
• Walt Hampton explains why he’d never hunt captive deer.
• Can you actually catch a buck sleeping?
• How whitetails respond to snowmobile pressure.
• Zero in on whitetail core areas.
• Leate-reason breeding, also known as The Second Rut, is more unpredictable than many think.
• How tiny hunting plots can produce mature deer.
• A Maryland hunter lives his dream with the help of a good friend.
• Develop a super-accurate, low-recoil load for your muzzleloader.
• Modern 20-gauge slugs have the power to take on white-tailed deer.
• A beginner’s guide to traditional archery hunting.
• Oklahoma offers a unique early rut hunt for muzzleloading enthusiasts.
• A young hunter follows her father’s footsteps.