If you enjoy the challenge of hunting America’s favorite big game animal, the white-tailed deer, with stick and string then you’re in for a treat with the 2017 issue of DDH’s Modern Bowhunter.
IOLA, Wis. – If you enjoy the challenge of hunting America’s favorite big game animal with stick and string — whether you hunt with a vertical bow or crossbow — hold on to your D&DH cap!
The issue of Deer & Deer Hunting you’ve been waiting for all year is about to hit the newsstand — the special bow-centric 2017 Modern Bowhunter issue. And it couldn’t come at a better time, too, because early bow seasons are just around the corner.
Inside this issue of Modern Bowhunter you’ll get the top-shelf information that will make you more effective bowhunter this fall. In a special “Bow Shop” column, D&DH regular Patrick Meitin tackles the age-old question: How much draw weight do you really need to kill a white-tailed deer? If you need a little inspiration, check out the jaw-dropping buck in this issue’s installment of Buck Shots. This could be the year you shoot the buck of your life!
New gear? We’ve got you covered there, too. In this issue you’ll get the inside scoop on the latest and greatest accessories that will make your crossbow more effective — and your crossbow hunting — more successful.
Don’t miss out on this once-a-year special issue of Deer & Deer Hunting magazine.
Find all Deer & Deer Hunting products at major and specialty retailers. Digital versions and more are available at www.ShopDeerHunting.com.
Here’s what you’ll get in the 2017 Modern Bowhunter issue:
- Conducting successful out-of-state whitetail hunts requires careful planning and a can-do attitude. D&DH regular Patrick Meitin offers up a cure for whitetail wanderlust.
- Hunt ’Em High, Or Hunt ’Em Low? Treestands or ground blinds — which is better? Most often it’s best to let the situation dictate the hunting method. Other times it’s just the flip of a coin. Whitetail fanatic Mark Kayser discusses the pros and cons of these invaluable hunting tools.
- Hunting overlooked open ground can lead to getting the drop on overlooked white-tailed bucks — if you know what to look for. The crew at D&DH is here to help.
- A mature buck typically has only two things on its mind come fall: feeding its face and procreation. Food plot whiz-kid Matt Harper explains how food plots can provide the key to exploiting those natural tendencies.
- Whitetail down! means it’s time to get busy! The quality of your venison starts in the field. Learn how to get that meat to your home butcher table in great shape in this special issue of Deer & Deer Hunting.
For more deer hunting products, books, magazines and more, visit www.ShopDeerHunting.com
About Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine
Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine gives outdoor enthusiasts who hunt white-tailed deer must-know information, from deer behavior to rut predictions. The brand’s magazine success spawned the outdoors television shows Deer & Deer Hunting TV, aired on NBC Sports Outdoors, Land of Whitetail aired on The Pursuit Channel and Destination Whitetail airing on Sportsman Channel. Deer & Deer Hunting also produces groundbreaking software programs, numerous books and educational media. Visit www.deeranddeerhunting.com for more information. Deer & Deer Hunting is an imprint of F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company. (www.fwcommunity.com).