During a spring turkey hunt I eased to the edge of a treeline near a small, secluded food plot and peered through with my binoculars for birds in the field.
Instead of hens and a longbeard, I saw two big ears perked up and an anterless deer looking in my direction. It wasn’t stamping the ground but it definitely knew I was there. Had to. Its eyes were laser-focused in my direction, its ears were up listening and the deer stood rock solid still. We were a good 50 yards apart, at least, and the trees and vines somewhat obscured me … or so I thought.
After I slinked away I wondered what that deer was thinking. Could it hear my boots on the wet, gravelly soil of the road? Did my camo shirt glow with UV rays? That’s one of the cool things about hunting, of course. We do our best and we’re still learning about the deer, turkeys, ducks and other wildlife we enjoy hunting.
How many times have you wondered, or had a young hunter ask, these questions about deer:
- How do whitetails see color?
- How do they smell danger?
- How do whitetails hear distant sounds?
- How do whitetails react to pressure?
Find answers to these questions and more in this must-have educational resource.
In this popular DVD, Deer & Deer Hunting presents an exclusive look inside the mind of a white-tailed deer throughout all four seasons. View never-before-seen footage of all aspects of whitetail behavior and learn more about how deer see, smell, hear and react to danger. You’ll also learn how and why bucks react to certain stimuli during the rut.
“This is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn more about deer and deer behavior – knowledge that can be put to work in the field,” says Deer & Deer Hunting Editor Gordy Krahn. “And what better time than during the off-season to learn about what makes this incredible animal tick – information that will make you a better hunter come fall. What’s cool is that the DVD features never-seen-before whitetail behavior footage shot by the videographers of Deer & Deer Hunting TV. If that doesn’t put an itch in your trigger finger, you might as well trade your bow or rifle for a set of golf clubs.”
Included in this video:
- Never-before-seen whitetail behavior footage clips obtained by the videographers of Deer & Deer Hunting TV.
- Practical and comprehensive information on the whitetail’s senses: Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste.
- Expert analysis on how deer react to danger.
- Exclusive video of rutting bucks making rubs, working scrapes, chasing does and battling for supremacy.
- Insider tips on how and why deer communicate with each other.
- Crisp, clear audio of deer vocalizations.
All of these video clips, insights and instructions will help you better understand how deer behave in real hunting situations and, ultimately, will give you a step up on knowing which tactics you can use to outsmart the biggest buck of your life.