There’s just something satisfying about knowing you’ve done it all yourself—from pulling the trigger to washing up the dishes. Even better is the fact that you didn’t have to pay someone else to do it for you!
Gut It • Cut It • Cook It guides you every step of the way from the field to the table. No detail is left out—from proper field dressing and butchering to storing and preparing your venison.
“This is one of those go-to books any venison lover should not be without,” says Gordy Krahn, Editor of Deer & Deer Hunting. “From tugging the trigger to creating the best table fare, this book provides all of the information needed to make the most of your venison.
“And what better time than during the off-season to begin planning for the upcoming fall? This book will help you take venison care and preparation to the next level. And here’s the bonus: Think of all the money you’ll save by doing it yourself.”
- Checklists and descriptions of tools you’ll need to get the job done right and affordably
- Advice for shot placement and ammunition so you don’t damage valuable meat
- Step-by-step photos and instructions for proper field dressing and skinning
- Butchering – cut by cut
- Best practices for wrapping and freezing venison
- How-to instructions for saving antlers and caping your buck
- BONUS CD includes 50 venison recipes, field dressing chart and meat cuts chart
Check out this cool book and get ready for hunting season now.