The Deer & Deer Hunting staffers selected these hunting DVDs as their top picks. The hunting DVDs not only provide footage of entertaining hunts, they teach about the biology behind their quarry.
Hunters of all skill levels will find plenty to enjoy in these hunting DVDs. They make great gifts for hunters, too.
1. Whitetail Behavior DVD – Deer & Deer Hunting Managing Editor Jacob Edson
“Plus, it’s from the producers of Deer & Deer Hunting TV. You know you’re going to be entertained and learn something at the same time. This is one hunting DVD you’re going to watch over and over.”
2. Deer & Deer Hunting TV Season 6 DVD – Deer & Deer Hunting Managing Editor Jacob Edson
“This is the most comprehensive season yet, entertaining and educational. This hunting DVD is sure to make you a true student of deer and deer hunting.”
1. Changing Cultural Attitudes on Deer Hunting
2. Westward Whitetails
3. Food Plots
4. Why Antlers Grow and Don’t
5. Right Time to Choose an Outfitter – Now!
6. 2010 Rut Predictions!
7. 100-Inch Booner?
8. There is No Such Thing as a Cull Buck
9. Is It Right? Legal vs. Ethical
10. Are You Over Hunting Properties?
11. Whitetails’ Wicked Nervous System
3. Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails DVD Vol. I – Deer & Deer Hunting Staff Pick
It’s rare to find a bowhunting DVD of this quality. John and Chris Eberhart offer insights on all aspects of bowhunting. If the hunter on your gift list is just starting out, they’ll thank you with a deer on the ground next season.
4. Archery Mechanics DVD – Deer & Deer Hunting Staff Pick
Time and time again, D&DH hears about people who want to get into archery, yet don’t know where to start. This DVD is perfect for anyone wanting to pick up a bow for the first time. D&DH likes that the instruction isn’t overly technical. It’s designed for people who have never heard of terms such as “riser,” “peep sight” or “fetching.”
5. Deer & Deer Hunting TV Season 5 DVD – Deer & Deer Hunting TV viewers
Fans of Deer & Deer Hunting TV tell D&DH this season had many of their favorite episodes. Who could blame them? Just check out this roster:
1. Antler Addiction
2. Green Hunting
3. Twin Fawns – Two Fathers
4. Exertion Myopathy
5. Annual Rut Predictions
6. Science of Scent Control
7. Wind Tricks
8. Harvest Research
9. Hunting Pressured Deer
10. Shoot Like a Sniper
11. Tiger Ridge – Lessons Learned