D&DH was developed under the direction of white-tailed deer hunters offering comprehensive and practical information about white-tailed deer and deer hunting techniques — the type of editorial no one else has been able to imitate. Subscribe now.
Inside This Issue
• D&DH‘s behavior editor takes a closer look at the whitetail’s incredible sense of smell.
• Maintaining a slug gun specifically for hunting deer can increase your accuracy and chance of success.
• Most gun-hunters have a comfort range of 200 yards or less. However, when needed, the ability to reach farther can come in very handy.
• Optics with built-in range-compensation can improve your in-line’s effective distance, but by how much?
• Bigger bucks are better, right? When you’re talking about body weight, that can depend on how far you have to go to get them out.
• D&DH‘s research editor explains why he thinks the future is rather bleak for some Northern deer herds.
• A big-buck hunter lays out the realities and stumbling blocks of a single-minded pursuit.
• A different kind of deer opener marked the closing of another chapter.
Click here to subscribe now.