The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks is hosting six public meetings across the state to discuss Wildlife Management Area activities.
These meetings, held during the spring and fall, will showcase regional WMA harvest data, wildlife habitat and infrastructure improvements, and regulation changes adopted for the 2012-13 hunting season. All WMA users, adjacent landowners, hunting clubs, and interested citizens are encouraged to attend.
“It is very important for the MDWFP to meet with our customers and hear input from the public at every available opportunity,” said Ed Penny, MDWFP Wildlife Bureau Director. “These meetings will give us the opportunity to promote our WMA system, gain input from the public about activities on our WMAs, and provide information about WMAs to the public.”
The meetings will be from 7-8:30 p.m. on these dates and locations:
• Sept. 11: North Delta WMAs at Muscadine Farms WMA near Greenville
• Sept. 13: North WMAs at Charles Ray Nix WMA near Sardis
• Sept. 18: East Central WMAs at Black Prairie WMA near Brooksville
• Sept. 25: South Delta WMAs at Hinds Community College in Vicksburg
• Sept. 27: Southwest WMAs at Percy Quin State Park in McComb
• Oct. 2: Southeast WMAs at Paul B Johnson State Park in Hattiesburg
MDWFP wildlife biologists, WMA personnel, and law enforcement officers will be in attendance to answer questions. For more information regarding Wildlife Management Areas in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/wma or call (601) 432-2199.