With spring turkey seasons quickly approaching, what better way to scratch your turkey-hunting itch than to thumb through the information-packed 2017 April Issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine?
Inside you’ll get top-shelf instruction from the pros on how to improve your hunting skills, as well the inside scoop on the best turkey hunting gear on the planet. From tips on hunting public land, fooling call-savvy gobblers and decoy deployment, to building the perfect turkey gun — it’s all here in this issue.
For hunters hoping to shorten the learning curve when it comes to harvesting spring gobblers, this issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting, from the publisher of Deer & Deer Hunting magazine, is packed with time-tested information and tactics from some of the most prolific turkey hunters in the country that will help you do just that.
- Life is too short and turkey seasons too few to hunt only one state each spring. Turkey hunting road warrior Jim Spencer takes in on the road in this April issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting.
Are you ready to take turkey hunting to the next level? Well then maybe it’s time you try it with stick and string. Bob Humphrey offers up some time-tested tactics for bowhunting tom turkeys.
- Those who have a passion for chasing spring gobblers truly live in the Golden Age of Tom Foolery. Scott Bestul gives some tips on decoy deployment that will help you get the drop on those sneaky toms.
- Understanding wild turkey roosting habits and habitats will help you find and kill more birds. Learn how in this issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting.
- Gobblers don’t always play fair, so why should you? Josh Dahlke offers up six tom-taking tactics to diversify your hunting strategies this spring. Read up, and then show no mercy!
- Some turkeys just have a way of getting under a hunter’s skin. For Jim Spencer it was a bird called Blinky.
- Get preview of some of the best gobbler gear on the planet in the 2017 April issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting.
Keep Those Pesky Bugs Away!
Only a few hunting products can earn the “once you use this, you’ll never go back” distinction. The Thermacell Mosquito Repeller goes well beyond typical bug spray by using special mats that, when heated using a butane cartridge, provide unmatched protection from those pesky “skeeters”. With 225 square feet of coverage, you’ll create a mosquito-free zone that moves with you in the field.
The Deer & Deer Hunting staff uses this outstanding Thermacell Mosquito Repeller while scouting, working on a food plot, hunting in a buggy area and around camp. Each Thermacell Mosquito Repeller comes with three mats and one butane cartridge. Be sure to stock up on refills, which are also available here at ShopDeerHunting.com, because you’ll be putting this excellent repeller to use every time you lace up those hunting boots. Get yours today!