Summer finally has arrived and that means fresh vegetables, berries and good old grillin’ and chillin’ with family or friends.
Stacy Harris, author of “Happy Healthy Family: Tracking The Outdoors In” has enjoyed preparing, cooking and eating venison for years. Her family enjoys the outdoors, from their big vegetable garden that includes herbs and fruits, to the hunting seasons for big and small game. Fishing, of course, is almost a year-round deal.
But her husband and sons are big deer hunters, so they ave no shortage of venison. Harris has an array of recipes in Happy Healthy Family for everything from roasts to ground venison. They’re easy – she has seven children, so recipes have to be easy! – and have been kid-tasted and approved, so you know they’re good.
Be sure to check out Happy Healthy Family in the ShopDeerHunting.com store, for super recipes and insights from Harris for every season of the year.
Here’s a great and easy recipe you’re sure to love:
- 1 1/2 lbs. venison loin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, dried, and seasoned
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Slice venison into 1-inch pieces. Pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- In a plate, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly dredge venison in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, and then the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in large cast iron skillet or saute pan. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat on each side or until browned. Place pieces on cooling rack.
- Place each piece of venison on a plate and serve with Basic Tomato Sauce or your favorite marinara sauce.
Sounds great, doesn’t it? Buy Healthy Happy Family now!