HAPPY OCTOBER! Are you kidding me? Don’t you feel very, very sorry for the nonhunting world out there that is condemned to experience such a lesser October than we do? Oh the poor, incomplete humanity! Then of course, even though our glorious October is thrilling and stimulating beyond words, just think what next month brings! Are you kidding me? Hang on my hunting BloodBrothers. Things are about to get dangerously spiritual here. Snort the essence of life-skanky rutting bucks and randy wet does!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO TED’S EPIC HUNTING ANTHEM FRED BEAR
Ok, I will attempt to settle down as I write this my 7th DeerandDeerhunting.com NugeBlog, but with the crisp cool air, the change in atmospheric dynamo, the increasing wildlife activity, staging wildfowl, those beyond eye candy color explosions and the volcanic intensity of the phenomenal hunt spirit, I have very little faith or hope whatsoever that any calming down will take place in my life at this magical time of year. Calming down is for folk music lovers. No thanks.
I unleashed my first perfect arrow of the year on a whitetail along the mighty Missouri River in the Cornhusker Nebraska wilds, and what a lovely arrow it was!
It was my 1st mystical flight of the arrow ever from my new Mathews Creed bow into our beloved brother whitetail deer, and the pretty zebra striped Gold Tip shaft tractorbeamed square into the hair that I owned on a gorgeous mature doe at about 15 yards.
I kid you not, after shooting arrows nonstop for nearly 65 amazing years, this arrow struck a powerful chord in my reasoning predator being as if it were the 1st arrow I had ever shot and the 1st deer I ever encountered. As always, it was out of body.
I can thank God for many, many wonderful things in my inexhaustible pursuit of American Dream happiness, but the inexplicable fact that each and every arrow I fling all these years later remains so outrageously exciting to me is truly a blessing beyond words. It is just like my over the top love and passion for making ultra-grinding, savagely throttling, pure animal breeding soundtrack guitarmusic. It never gets old. If that ain’t the recipe for happiness, somebody slap me upside the skull with a CWD infected crowbar, would ya!
After wrapping up our 25th annual Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids charity event in Yankton, SD with our friends at the National Field Archery Association, NFAA president Bruce Cull generously allowed me to babysit one of his NE treestands for a soulcleansing vigil on opening day.
As usual, many hours and a few distant sightings later, on the 3rd and last morning, a gorgeous she-deer ended up moseying along the giant cottonwoods and Russian olive tangles towards me and SpiritWild VidCamDude Kris Helms. As she was about to disappear under the canopy of my ambush tree, quartering slightly to me, I laced my razorsharp Muzzy two blade into that deadly crease twixt her brisket and shoulderblade where the impact from my 45# Mathews nearly blew her off her feet.
She scrambled her deathrun of less than 50 yards and was dead within a few seconds for what can only be described as another ultimate bowhunt in the American Heartland.
My rejoicing is pretty much a 24/7/365 thing, so to celebrate such a perfect 1st deerhunt for the year is the definitive example of how I have always gotten high on tooth, fang and claw nature my entire life.
Check out this MTV interview from back in the day:
And there is no end in sight ya all!
Here’s hoping you enjoy each and every minute afield with everything you got, share the thrills with everybody you know, and share the sacred flesh with your regional Hunters for the Hungry program. You can keep the backstraps, and share the rest. We need to be loving and generous, but not stupid!
Aim small miss small, hunt like the ultimate reasoning stealth killers we can be, and be safe. Wear that fall restraint device everytime you go upstairs, and keep your Spirit Wild.
Good hunting, Godbless and Godspeed. American BloodBrothers,
Sign-up to get emails from us so that you don’t miss any new Nugent news. You’ll also get an immediate FREE download of Ted & Shemane Nugent’s Bubble Bean Piranha-Ala-Colorado venison recipe – your taste buds won’t regret it!
The 55qt. Icey-Tek high performance cooler will be the last cooler you ever buy. Don’t worry about damaging it like other cheap coolers out there, the Icey-Tek’s are nearly indestructable and keep ice far longer than most other coolers on the market.
- Premium components & materials to create the ultimate commercial quality cooler/ice box for you to use with confidence in any environment that nature can throw your way.
- Components consist of a 100% A grade polyethylene external skin with a non-staining, non-odor absorbing, impact resistant food grade internal liner.
- Premium polyurethane insulation injected under extreme pressure within all wall cavities and the lid.
- Ultra-heavy-duty self-stopping lid hinges to prevent damage to the cooler.
- Rubber gasket that’s fitted to ensure a perfect seal on the cooler keeping your contents colder longer.
- Lockable and is supplied with 2 receivers on the bottom of the lid and on the top of the cooler enabling them to receive a padlock.
- Plastic coated rope handles for ease of carrying. The cube box style Icey-Tek coolers do not have the rope handles.
- Innovative commercial grade skids that protect the bottom of the Icey-Tek coolers as well as the surface they are on.
- 2 drain plugs that screw in with a rubber gasket to ensure a watertight seal. Located at the bottom on each side of the cooler they are fully removable for ease of cleaning and ease of draing the contents in the cooler.