With spring arriving and some folks planning parties to usher in sunnier days, adding venison to the table is a great way to spice up the gathering.
Stacy Harris, author of Healthy Happy Family, has a super appetizer to liven up almost any soiree. We’re sure you’ll love her Tzatziki Venison and may find yourself answering questions about how to prepare them!
“These bite size starters are a hit at every party,” Harris says. “They are just the right size to pick up and eat in a mouthful. This is a tasty, easy appetizer in which the meat can be room temperature and taste fantastic so you can prepare them and plate them before your guests arrive.”
This recipe serves eight, so if you’re planning for more hungry folks then adjust the ingredients accordingly. Be sure to check out Harris’ musings on her Facebook page, and order Happy Healthy Family here for more recipes!
1 large cucumber (peeled, seeded, and minced) 1 lb. venison steaks
1 cup plain Greek yogurt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 garlic cloves minced 1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
3 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon curry
4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill 1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon of salt 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Indian Bread 3 x 3 squares
1. In a medium sized bowl mix cucumbers, yogurt, garlic, sour cream, olive oil, dill, vinegar, and salt.
2. Pound the steaks to 1/4 inch thick, slice into 3/4 inch strips.
3. In medium sized bowl add cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, curry, ginger, salt, and pepper. Coat venison pieces well.
4. Place venison in smoking hot skillet lightly seasoned with olive oil for 15 to 20 seconds.
5. Cut pita or Indian Bread into squares. Place venison on top of pita squares and top with tzatziki.
Want more recipes for venison, turkey and other dishes? CLICK HERE NOW!