For more than 50 years I have been doing everything in my power to turn people on to the ultimate quality protein and sustenance known to man – VENISON! In each and every case, I have succeeded in educating non-hunters and even anti-hunters, and even animal rights freaks to this inescapable reality. In many instances they are extremely resistant due to the myth of “gaminess” and ignorance of truly pure organic food.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO TED’S CLASSIC SONG SUNRIZE
It doesn’t matter if it is the primo backstraps, hindquarter haunch, flank steaks, or ground burger in a nice chili or spaghetti, every man, woman child has raved about the delicious taste and come to grips with the superior nutrition that wild game meat provides.
But here’s the rub – in far too many cases, the mishandling of our game translates into some nasty inedible yuck that has turned the positive term “gamey,” into a negative scare tactic that not only turns people unnecessarily away from venison, but does nothing to endear them to our beloved sport.
And here’s why; in most states a local butcher handles so many carcasses that they all get heaped into one big heat-making pile. Add to this mishandling the fact that so many hunters do a piss-poor job of gutting and handling their deer in the field and during transport to the butcher, that now we have the perfect storm for spoilage and bacteria buildup that spells disaster for the magnificent beast that provided us this very special gift.
So this NugeBlog is going out there to the experienced and knowledgeable sporters and butchers out there to push harder at deercamp and beyond to educate our fellow hunters how critical good game handling is for a quality end product of precious meat.
“There’s Fred Bear, Howard Hill, Ben Pearson, and when it comes to crossbows – it was William Tell.”
Kill em clean, gut em clean, keep em clean and cold, make sure you know your butcher intimately to make certain he handles your animal with all the tender loving care it deserves and your families’ meals deserve.
I know my local game warden, chief of police, sheriff, state trooper commander, farmers and butcher. With the proper care and respect, venison is the best flesh a person could ever make a meal out of. Revere the beast and the ultimate meals await you.
Sign-up to get emails from us so that you don’t miss any new Nugent news. You’ll also get an immediate FREE download of Ted & Shemane Nugent’s Bubble Bean Piranha-Ala-Colorado venison recipe – your taste buds won’t regret it!
The 40qt. Icey-Tek is a campers best friend. Not too big, not too small. The perfect size cooler for camping and hunting!
- Premium components & materials to create the ultimate commercial quality cooler/ice box for you to use with confidence in any environment that nature can throw your way.
- Components consist of a 100% A grade polyethylene external skin with a non-staining, non-odor absorbing, impact resistant food grade internal liner.
- Premium polyurethane insulation injected under extreme pressure within all wall cavities and the lid.
- Ultra-heavy-duty self-stopping lid hinges to prevent damage to the cooler.
- Rubber gasket that’s fitted to ensure a perfect seal on the cooler keeping your contents colder longer.
- Lockable and is supplied with 2 receivers on the bottom of the lid and on the top of the cooler enabling them to receive a padlock.
- Plastic coated rope handles for ease of carrying. The cube box style Icey-Tek coolers do not have the rope handles.
- Innovative commercial grade skids that protect the bottom of the Icey-Tek coolers as well as the surface they are on.
- 2 drain plugs that screw in with a rubber gasket to ensure a watertight seal. Located at the bottom on each side of the cooler they are fully removable for ease of cleaning and ease of draing the contents in the cooler.