Alabama - Last Few Days To Hunt

69Viking

Alabama - Last Few Days To Hunt

Postby 69Viking » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 am

Ok, I'll be in the woods all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for the final few days of the Alabama deer season which ends at sunset on Saturday!  Anybody have any sure fire ways for me to get a nice buck???  Yep, the season started out great with 120 lb Doe on 12/5/08 but several hunting trips later a nice buck has been like a ghost!  We have several food plots on a 110 acre parcel that is partially surrounded by pine bedding areas.  My first thought is to concentrate on the food plots and trails nearest the pine bedding areas but I'm open to suggestions for any "unconventional" late season tactics!  Bucks should be chasing does in the part of SW Alabama (Conecuh County) I'll be hunting, I guess we'll see!   

69Viking

RE: Alabama - Last Few Days To Hunt

Postby 69Viking » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Hmm, no responses since last year.  Hopefully if I get the mature buck I'm after this year I can apply to be the Alabama Pro that can answer this question!  Good luck hunting into Alabama this year everyone!

Stickman

RE: Alabama - Last Few Days To Hunt

Postby Stickman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm

I know where I hunt in Blount County the bucks started chasing hot and heavy the first week of December. I anticipate the same this year, from the first of December to the last week of January I hunted the food plots and killed three mature bucks either scent checking or looking for does.

Return to Alabama