Whitetail Secrets -- Derrydale Press

Everyday Hunter

Whitetail Secrets -- Derrydale Press

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:13 am

Does anyone here have Whitetail Secrets, a 12-volume set published by Derrydale Press? The authors include Barry & Gene Wensel, Bill Winke, David Morris, Russ Thornberry, Larry Weishuhn, John Wooters, J. Wayne Fears, Harold Knight & David Hale, Bill Bynum, Jim Roy, Craig Boddingon and Judd Cooney. The books have a leather-look or bonded leather hardcover, and nice coated-stock paper. Some of the photos were taken by Alsheimer.

Seems like a nice set. I'm trying to collect all 12. What do you think of them?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kribbz

RE: Whitetail Secrets -- Derrydale Press

Postby kribbz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 am

Never heard of it?  I did an amazon search and no results were found. 

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 am

ORIGINAL: kribbz

Never heard of it?  I did an amazon search and no results were found.

They are getting hard to find. Try an Amazon search for "Whitetail Secrets Series." I did that and 8 of them came up. They are all used, as the whole set is out of print. And, the pictures of the covers do not look like the ones I've seen, but they're the same books.

Including the 3 that I just bought on eBay, I have 8 volumes of the 12 volume set, plus a couple of duplicates.

Steve 
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

agreen60

Postby agreen60 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 am

Hi, I was doing a search to aee what these books were worth, and came across your post. I have the first 6 in the series. These are all in as new condition, except one book came with a small crease across it. I never read any of them. If you interested in them give me a call, I would perfer to sell all 6 together. 419-371-2567

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum, agreen60. And thanks for posting on this thread. Unfortunately, I have all those books from the set. Here are the ones I'm still missing:
8. David Morris – Locating Trophy Whitetail,
9. Jim Roy - Real World Whitetail Behavior,
11. Bill Winke: Hunting Hard For Whitetails
12. Judd Cooney: Scouting for Big Bucks

As for price, these are all over the map. I've seen people asking up to $50 for certain volumes, but I've seen the same volumes for under $5. I guess you'll get what someone is willing to pay. 

Thanks. Hope you stick around the D&DH forums.

[size="2"]Stev[/size][size="2"]e[/size]

agreen60

Postby agreen60 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply! I was going to ask 70.00 for them. From what I come up with seems like a fair price. I found one of the books I have someone wanted $80.00 for it. Thanks For the info.... Alan

Steve, Must be a good set to collect, Safari Press has the 12 Volume set for &450.00.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm

ORIGINAL: agreen60

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply! I was going to ask 70.00 for them. From what I come up with seems like a fair price. I found one of the books I have someone wanted $80.00 for it. Thanks For the info.... Alan

Steve, Must be a good set to collect, Safari Press has the 12 Volume set for &450.00.

Wow! It was originally sold as a subscription, and if you'd figure $20 per plus $5 shipping on each book, the price would be around $300. I need to begin picking these up when I see them cheap!

Got your phone message, but I guess I won't call since you're reading this. Good luck with them.

Steve

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines