D&DH TV, Season #4

JPH

D&DH TV, Season #4

Postby JPH » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 pm

I just got a copy of D&DH TV, Season #4 in the mail. Thanks for nothin! Here I sit, on a beautiful early spring day, and I can't pull myself away from the television! When my wife comes home and sees what I haven't done, it is YOUR fault D&DH TV!

I do not get D&DH TV on my satellite package, so I had no idea what I was missing. Each episode is like having a copy of D&DH the magazine on video.

For those who are critical of the hunting video industry because of the sensationalism and questionable ethics, please check out D&DH TV Season #4. This is not the "big buck only", fancy editing tripe that we are so used to seeing. It is exactly what we, as loyal "D&DH Geeks" have come to expect from this publication. It is piratical and comprehensive information for deer hunters on video.

DeerCamp

RE: D&DH TV, Season #4

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:17 pm

YIKES! I too am not able to watch it on tv.. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, however I have been busy all weekend long with school and studying. Im finally gonna sit down and watch it tomorrow.. Ill letch ya know what I think. But by judging on the kind of hunter you are JPH I'll believe your word 110%. Im excited now!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Dude! I am a husband, father of two and a homeowner. If I can blow off a perfect weekend watching deer hunting videos, you can. School is overrated.

...I guess that just made my endorsement kind of suspect.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:15 am

I get it on cable and thought I saw them all but when I got the DVD I noticed there were 2 that I did not see.
It's a great DVD thats based on educating the viewer not just entertaining them.
I love every episode...My hats off to Dan, Charlie and the rest of the gang! Love the Vital Info section where they show you the correct shot placement and why.... We need more stuff like that in the hunting industry. Good honest information that helps out the average hunter.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:21 am

ORIGINAL: JPH
It is piratical and comprehensive information for deer hunters on video.

JPH,
I agree with everything you mentioned....except the piratical part.[:D]

I received a copy as well and plan to provide a breakdown of what I liked and what could make it even better.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 am

^^^
ORIGINAL: JPH

Dude! I am a husband, father of two and a homeowner. If I can blow off a perfect weekend watching deer hunting videos, you can. [color="#ff0000"]School is overrated.
[/color]
...I guess that just made my endorsement kind of suspect.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:37 pm

greetings all its been a while.  i too lost the tv show when they swithced networks. my cable company probably has a file for my letters alone... first the NFL channel then D&DH[:@] but i just recieved the new dvd and love it. ive come to conclusion that just about any body can go hire a guide at a top notch-$ outfitter and tag a good buck on video but D&DH goes the extra mile to actually teach something usefull. my favorite part is also the shot placement segments. i wish we could get somthing like that here on the sight. perhaps a virtual 3-d deer that you could rotate to get an idea of vitals exposure at different angles. at any rate Dan, Charles and all the guys keep up the great work.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Damn, I havent got mine yet. I hope it comes in tomorrow I am pumped. I looked every day for like a month then lost hope. If it doesnt come tomorrow its going to be a let down!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Well I will have to agree with JPH! Amazing dvd! I really enjoyed the whole thing, it is just like the mag. I really liked how it showed the deers life, and talking about the bone cancer as a death. I also enjoyed the part with the tree stand safety. It was nice to see some one get back in the woods and hunt again after a fall. It was really nice to see him take a nice but, not a monster by any means, but that buck will be a memory of his for life. Real nice to see it was shot in Michigan too, as I never see any hunting shows in Michigan it seems.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I just got some mail from D&DH and if i renew i get all season 4 for free, seems like it will be well worth it! I will be doing so next pay day lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Next

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines