Precision Bowhunting

DeanoZ

Precision Bowhunting

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:47 am

Great read and IMHO a must have for anyone new or looking for a well thoought out approach to bowhunting whitetails.  The authors, John & Chris Eberhart detail a year round (month by month) approach to hunting whitetails, to include scouting, stand placement, fitness, tactics, scent control etc.  Being from Michigan, a heavily pressured hunting environment, their tactics are especially useful and effective.  There is even a segment covering special situations, rain, suburban situations.  John has been hunting for over 20 years in Michigan where he holds 21 record book bucks.  The book is easy to follow and each chapter is reinforced with a real hunting experience specific to the topic covered.  John was the originator of the "Tree Saddle" hunting concept and uses it exclusively (but does not gratuitously promote it) on his hunts.

Demoderby4

RE: Precision Bowhunting

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks for the post DeanoZ, ill have to look into buying it, esp since im from MI as well, a month by month approach would be a great tool to have and i would enjoy having a month by month schedule to go by, and work around to get things done.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:32 am

Hey Demo, you can check out all their stuff at www.deer-john.net. I dont own any of their books (yet) but, I have read some of their articles in various magazines. IMO, these guys are the "real deal"!

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey Demo, you can find this (and other Eberhart books) on Amazon.com. They have it cheaper (than deer-john.net) plus, you dont have to pay MI sales tax! Just do a Google search on "John Eberhart".

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines