Waiting on Response From Editors

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
DairyLandDeerHunter

Waiting on Response From Editors

Postby DairyLandDeerHunter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Just wondering if anybody has experience with submitting manuscripts to Dan Schmidt or any other editors for Deer & Deer Hunting magazine. I have submitted two manuscripts, and on the first one I was told they would hold it to use in a future subscription, and the other I have yet to have a return e-mail stating they received it and what they intended to do with it.

Is this a typical response? I don't mean to gripe but I'm wondering whether it was received or not, and wanted to just know whether or not they wanted to use it. Anybody else have any experience submitting manuscripts for this magazine?

charlie 01

Re: Waiting on Response From Editors

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:07 am

Don't hold your breath. Many years ago I was told they may possibly use my story in a future printing. Never did hear anything.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Joel Spring

Postby Joel Spring » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:13 am

Be patient.
Joel Spring
Longtime Deer & Deer Hunting Contributor
ruabirddog@aol.com

Jacob Edson

Postby Jacob Edson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 am

DairyLandDeerHunter,
Please feel free to e-mail me for the status of your query at jacob.edson@fwmedia.com. I can't promise you that I'll know for sure when we plan on publishing it, but I will certainly check.

Best,

Jake Edson
Managing Editor - Deer & Deer Hunting

DairyLandDeerHunter

Postby DairyLandDeerHunter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Jacob Edson wrote:DairyLandDeerHunter,
Please feel free to e-mail me for the status of your query at jacob.edson@fwmedia.com. I can't promise you that I'll know for sure when we plan on publishing it, but I will certainly check.

Best,

Jake Edson
Managing Editor - Deer & Deer Hunting

Good evening Jake,

I saw your message on here and sent you an e-mail a few weeks ago now, and haven't received a response at of yet. Hopefully the e-mail went through? If not please let me know. Thank you.

richdevlin761

Postby richdevlin761 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:18 pm

I can't promise you that I'll know for sure when we plan on publishing it, but I will certainly check. I’m pretty pleased to uncover this great site. I want to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you book marked to look at new stuff in your blog.

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features