Thank You, Spammers, For Destroying This Forum!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Woods Walker

Thank You, Spammers, For Destroying This Forum!

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am

This "Features" forum is now trashed. Thanks a lot...... :evil:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Joel Spring

Re: Thank You, Spammers, For Destroying This Forum!

Postby Joel Spring » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 am

It's definitely making it difficult to follow up on posts, when there are new (bogus) posts every day. Depressing, when you're interested in reading other posters' follow-ups.

Too bad, I really like this forum.
Joel Spring
Longtime Deer & Deer Hunting Contributor
ruabirddog@aol.com

dewey

Postby dewey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 am

The samething is happening to the Turkey and Turkey hunting forum but thankfully the admin's are deleting the posts.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:05 am

I think most of our admins are in deer stands right now.

I had moderator privileges over the "Hunter Heath and Fitness" board in the old format. I notice that I now have them over the whole thing, but I suspect this was just an oversight during the changeover. I've deleted all the spam on the fitness board and actually deleted some of the stuff on other boards. Then I began to think I might be overstepping my bounds as I have not been given any direction to do so.

I'll do my best to keep my little area clean and I'd be happy to do my part to rid the other stuff, but I'd like the blessing of the admin first.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am

delete away JPH!! I can't believe our admins will be upset at somebody willingly volunteering to help them out... We really need to have some kind of filter, I guess it'd be kind of crappy to have to do one of those verification deals each time we want to post, but i'd be down for it if it meant we actually had our forum back...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm

On the brighter side.........I know where to get a great deal on my next corset and Ugg boots
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Gee....thanks for that mental image!!!! :shock:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... oh that there was good.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Deebz wrote:delete away JPH!! I can't believe our admins will be upset at somebody willingly volunteering to help them out... We really need to have some kind of filter, I guess it'd be kind of crappy to have to do one of those verification deals each time we want to post, but i'd be down for it if it meant we actually had our forum back...

I second what Deebz said. Delete away!!!
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

MSHunter wrote:
Deebz wrote:delete away JPH!! I can't believe our admins will be upset at somebody willingly volunteering to help them out... We really need to have some kind of filter, I guess it'd be kind of crappy to have to do one of those verification deals each time we want to post, but i'd be down for it if it meant we actually had our forum back...

I second what Deebz said. Delete away!!!

I would like to agree, but your course is the better one. Ask first, then install a simi-auto delete button! and fire away. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features