Great Sport, Horrible God

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
bowman12

Great Sport, Horrible God

Postby bowman12 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:19 am

Thanks Rev. Zeke for the great article! It's very easy to let hunting be all consuming, especially during certain times of the year.

hogvalleyman

RE: Great Sport, Horrible God

Postby hogvalleyman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 am

The last thing I expected to see in the latest issue was an article about the lord. The REV. is spot on in his assesment of my obsession. I could not believe how close to home his words hit. I am writing this to express my very deep thanks to Rev. Zeke for his insitefull analysis of how obsessed I have become persuing my no.1 hobby. Sometimes I need a little wake up call and this sure was one for me.
Thanks rev. Zeke

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:22 am

Zeke does a great job with everything he writes -- always worth reading.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:36 am

I also agree, that was a great article!

I've been very careful, ever since reading that article, on how I look at hunting. It was a real eye opener!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am

It was a good article addressing a problem that many people face. I guess I was a little surprised that he was facing those deamons, but it shows no one is immune to it. For me, the 3-4 months I get to hunt in isn't worth ruining the remaining 8-9 months of the year by not having a balance between hunting, family, and other responsibilities.
Dave M.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 pm

I loved the article as well.  Not only opened my eyes open to how I approach hunting, but also to how I view everything else in my life. 

Props!
QDM!

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I missed the original article. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Can anyone tell me where to read the article by Rev. Zeke? Usually, I try to remain objective, but just by reading horrible God in the title scares me. But, like I said I want to be objective.

bow_junky

Postby bow_junky » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Its hard to put into words the feelings you get when a dark sky gives way to a orange horizon, and the nights silence is broken by the awakening of this "strange new world" you find yourself spying on.  I am humbled every time and instead of feeling anticipation for the hunt, a peaceful relaxation fills me. THANK YOU LORD for allowing me to witness that and for the ability to appreciate it.

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Marc, are you married to J Lo ? Just kiddin. Can you tell me where I can find the article by Rev. Zeke ? I need to have peace of mind because the title kind of bothers me and so many people say it's a good article.

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features