shot simulator suggestion

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
fr0sty

shot simulator suggestion

Postby fr0sty » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 pm

It would be great if you could pose the deer in various positions, like head down, walking etc. I am a gun hunter and normally shoot for the heart lung area. I want to start making scapula shots. For me, having the ability to pose the deer (and it's legs) in various natural positions will help be learn better where the scapula is when the deer is standing or walking.

John Maher

Re: shot simulator suggestion

Postby John Maher » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:32 am

It would be good if one could enter or display the range and elevation (of the bow) for the shot. A variation would be to enter the range and elevation then display the scene.

I just received the Shot Simulator (Deluxe) and am pleased with it overall. I found no instructions, so the feature I am suggesting may already be there -- I just haven't found it yet.

The supplementary files are especially good.

I agree with fr0sty's suggestion for additional poses, but for the opposite reason -- I am trying not to hit the scapula.

Buck Commander

Postby Buck Commander » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 pm

fr0sty wrote:It would be great if you could pose the deer in various positions, like head down, walking etc. I am a gun hunter and normally shoot for the heart lung area. I want to start making scapula shots. For me, having the ability to pose the deer (and it's legs) in various natural positions will help be learn better where the scapula is when the deer is standing or walking.

Not that bad of an idea actually.

Nathaniel

Postby Nathaniel » Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Glorious information here. This fascinating post made me smile. Maybe if you happen to throw in a few pictures it would make the whole thing more interesting.
Decorate your house with beautiful Wall Stickers

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri May 11, 2012 1:53 pm

It would make ME smile if you weren't spamming our site with nothing to add :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features