Cover -- WOW!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Everyday Hunter

Cover -- WOW!

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm

I must congratulate whomever is responsible for the composition of the December 2009 cover. First, Dean Pearson's photo is dramatic. the buck has a swollen neck, notched ear, moisture on his whiskers, and he's staring a whole through me. But I never would have guessed that a gray background with black masthead would look so striking. I received my subscription copy as I left home this afternoon, and then saw it on a news stand with other magazines. This one really popped! Can't wait to read it.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

ranwin33

RE: Cover -- WOW!

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 am

A picture that truly is worth a thousand words.

I've looked at the cover several times, and each time it makes an impression on me.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:50 pm

I was also very impressed with the cover, and of course I was even more impressed with what was on the inside! Great magazine, Dan! Keep up the good work.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Couldn't agree more....I bring my mags to work with me and read cover to cover when I have a chance, then look on the forums also during this free time.  Great mag....Keep it up!
QDM!

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:58 am

I couldnt agree more! I really enjoy seeing the deer on the cover. To me it really gets me going. After I sit there and read the articles I tend to day dream a bit about those bucks. To take a pic like that is almost if not just as great as taking a deer like that. Great job!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features