Should Woman Be Jailed for Killing Fawn?

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
buckfarmdude

RE: Should Woman Be Jailed for Killing Fawn?

Postby buckfarmdude » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:57 am

I don't know about jail time. A stiff fine and a stern warning should do the trick. NFL Player Donte Stallworth got 30 days in the can for running a pedestrian flat over and killing him while driving drunk. On the flip side, Michael Vick (a name you're probably familiar with no matter what cave you live in) got two years for killing dogs. The courts seem to value this lives of animals more than the lives of human beings. Depending on the judge, I would be far from shocked to see her get prison time barring an insanity plea. Trust me, PETA will show up in court and try to get their way. And they don't even care about animals. They weren't bugged by Vick until he killed dogs. Prior to that, he ran onto the field every Sunday afternoon in the fall wearing leather shoes so that he could throw around a pigskin football.

[size="7"]PETA IS FULL OF CRAP!!!![/size]
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 pm

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

A fine will probably suffice.  Jail time for a 76 year old, lighten up folks. 

She and her dead husband planted that garden so she probably has an emotional attachment to it and when she saw that little bugger scarfing down her tulips she blew a gasket.  Temporary insanity should be her defense. 

One final thought, her neighbors are pricks(except for the 7 years of grass cutting).

Flame on[8D].

Spot on. Sure it wasn't the P/C thing to do, but let's not get hysterical over this. Besides, in 2 to 3 years, one of you guys would have "iced" the little critter anyway. I don't want to come off as cold ... but when I 1st read this story, I was amazed that this old lady was able to sneak up on the little varmit & cold cock him like that.[:-]

Seriously, this is an old woman who lost her husband & spends most of the day talking to herself. No doubt she suffers some degree of dementia. Jail??? How many of you were polishing that new rifle while you were reading this story? Cut the old biddy some slack ...

PS: to Passin Through When I look at your avatar I'm wondering if that's an optical illusion ... or is your hound actually eating that deer?[:D]

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

thats one hard core granny.........thats a video i would watch on youtube
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:37 pm

[font="Tahoma"]Here is an update on this story - [/font]

Saturday, October 3, 2009

EUCLID, OHIO

Woman gets community service in death of fawn

A 76-year-old northeastern Ohio woman who was accused of killing a baby deer with a shovel has been sentenced to 80 hours of community service.

Dorothy Richardson of the Cleveland suburb of Euclid pleaded no contest Thursday to one misdemeanor count of animal abuse and was found guilty by a municipal court judge, who also ordered Richardson to pay a $500 fine.

Richardson said she became frightened when she saw the fawn in her garden on June 15 and had meant to shoo it away with the shovel.

Earlier, she pleaded not guilty to two animal-abuse counts. One charge was dropped in exchange for her new, no contest plea.
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:30 am

Maybe she was former Black Ops. She was probably wearing a guillie suit and it took her 8 hours for her to crawl the 10 feet from her back door to the fawn. Give her a fine and waive the jail. The story didn't mention anything about baiting. Jokes aside, for her to get close enough to a fawn maybe she baited it. If that is the case, then that is a whole nother story. Of course, I have walked up on two fawns on two separate occasions while spring scouting. They are taught not to move and that is what they do.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:16 am

Should Woman Be Jailed for Killing Fawn?

Many of us ... myself included ... wondered how in the world this old biddy could sneak up on that fawn to crown it. Mystery solved ... she trained her cat to run the fawns right to her so she could whack em!

arkansas bob

Postby arkansas bob » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:08 pm

GEE If I am still alive when I am 76 maybe I will also be able to swing a shovel, and know who and where I am and what I am doing!
"Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are." -Ted Nugent

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features