Bleet calls

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
FlDeerman

Bleet calls

Postby FlDeerman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:00 pm

I just read the article about bleet calls.I use a "true talker"and yes the bleet does work.I hope this was not an old issue,I keep all of mine in the bathroom and read as I sit.LOLAnyway if you haven't tried it give it a shot. 

shadow

RE: Bleet calls

Postby shadow » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:26 pm

I have not yet seen the article you mentioned, but will be trying out my new bleat this fall. And the bathroom is also were I keep my magazine issues, it is a good place to sit and shhh..., ah relax.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 pm

I have absorbed much deer hunting lore while sitting on the "throne of knowledge".

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 am

I was going to get a durury outdoors "heat bleat" last year,but they sold out of them before bow season. That "buck growl" really seemed to work for my friend, he said it brang in several small bucks and doe's and a real big buck for him. I watched the dvd and I recommend watching it. I've used the "can" for years, and am yet to have any deer come in to it...I'm done with that primos "can". I have had good results with a knight-n-hale hands free buck grunt calling doe's and young bucks in , but big old bucks still like to shy away from it. I really like rattling antlers, they work the best for me.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 am

i used the primos can for the first time last year and it worked great for bringing does in. last year in PA the rut didnt see to be even close to happening in the begining of november, so im not sure the effect it would have had if the rut was in full swing before bow season ended. i also have a primos grunt tube that is capable of making a bleat. but usually i use that for the buck grunt and mix in a few bleats with the can. When I was mixing those calls last year, I had a nice 10 point come in, just couldnt get the shot

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:05 pm

I have used the quaker boy "can" call and primos hands free with the o ring set on young bucks.Mix the two calls. I called in an 8 pt and 6 pt. I use these calls in november.
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:33 pm

I've used the "cans"and I never had much luck with them.I learned to use my "true talker"and have caledd deer that have run off back to me.I saw the new bleet call in D&Dh,I can't wait to try it.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 am

i used the cans and found out i was using it wrong .I was holding it and flipping it in a way that made the bleet come out slow and long.I was at a seminar by Peter Fidducia"the deer doctor" and he said you have to flip it qick so its a short fast call.the other way is a warning call and scares em.he also sells a mouth bleet call havent tried it yet.I have a true talker and made the same mistake with that too long of a call.So i suggest trying the faster call and see what happens i know i am this year
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm with adirondackhunter on this one. I've gotten best results by using both can bleats and grunts at same time.

gard73

Postby gard73 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:51 pm

I've used the can bleat call for a couple years. Have had some good does come into it. Usually use it along with a grunt call and rattling. Took a dandy Iowa 11 point with a three brow tine last year with the combination. Scored about 130" gross. I hunt a small 15 Acre timber about 2 miles outside a small town. I do alot of blind grunting and rattling along with the bleat call i added about 2 years ago. To some pretty good success. Give it a try if you get bored up in the stand you might get hooked.

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features