November 2010 Issue...Page 70

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
JPH

RE: November 2010 Issue...Page 70

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 am

December issue of D&DH, page 42. Sigh.

Way to keep it classy D&DH.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am

And some of you guys wonder why we women have body image issues? huh
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:58 pm

I think woodsie had a problem with page 70 also, and a few others..

But no one said nothing about page 43! Brock steriod head lesner!

Or page 74 the buck licking up the does you know what!

look Im not trying to start anything! But you look like a very attractive lady by you profile pic why would you say something like that?

Its in the eyes of the beholder....

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

D&DH is hardly to blame for the poor body image that women have.

That started in the 1920's with glamour advertising and the transformation of women into sex symbols. This has escalated to the point that the media is dominated by 'sex' as it is extremely profitable.

Furthermore, just like the fake hunting shows that we watch; the public demands excitement, excellence, and perfection. Women can't naturally look the way that these women do on television unless they get fake breasts, tons of makeup, photo shop, etc.

The problem lies in the fact that many women view this women in magazines and television as true portrayals of how women do or should look, rather than just seeing that it is all just show biz.

Heck I would be disapointed if I thought all hunters experienced what the guys do on the show. I know I don't pass on 3 or 4 160" deer so I can shoot the 200".

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:31 pm

I will say this! My Wifee Sends magizens to my son In afghan, Im sure they dont mind the Pic In the D&DH Issues

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:30 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

I will say this! My Wifee Sends magizens to my son In afghan, Im sure they dont mind the Pic In the D&DH Issues

You people are missing the point, so I shall explain it one last time. Now pay attention......

It is NOT, and I repeat NOT the photo of the woman in and of itself that makes the ad offensive. She is not dressed indecently, not even by the standards of a magazine like D&DH which is for a varied readership.

And I certainly do not mind looking at a photo of an attractive woman. I may be older, but I sure as hell ain't dead.

Now here comes the important part, so make sure you slow down and read this real well so you understand the context.......

It was the WORDS in the ad that refered to the woman, and how it was degrading for ALL women....not just the one in the ad, who was probably well paid for it and most likely doesn't care at all....because the implication was that her breasts don't measure up to some moron's size scale. It was no different than putting a child with Down's syndrome in the ad and then making some derogatory comment in that neither people with Down's syndrome or women had any say about WHAT THEY WERE BORN WITH!

You want to mock a women who's had collegen lip disfigurement done to herself so that she now has "fish lips" and looks like a beached carp? FINE! I'm all for that! That was her CHOICE.

I'm not a prude, not by a long shot. I just think that people in general should be treated with a certain amount of respect, and degrading or mocking an entire class of humanity because of something they had no control over is NOT showing that respect.

Is my point clear now?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 am

Woodsie I read your post, And I also seen you reading this one the other day when I posted it! I thought I would be getting a reply from you just not this late in the game.. lol

I guess anyone can read more into a artical then what was ment to be.. I got that Issue right in front me now! I haven't read or seen anything degrading.. What this tells me is hay!! if you want fake tits like me, and want to show them off alittle go see doctor BIG BREAST and pay him $8000.00

Did you know the average women in America will spend in her life time $250,000 in makeup and perfumes? YUP thats right.. Now Thats degradeing If a person thinks she has to put a fake face on just to go into the public.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:53 am

Did you know the average women in America will spend in her life time $250,000 in makeup and perfumes? YUP thats right.. Now Thats degradeing If a person thinks she has to put a fake face on just to go into the public.

You're still missing the point. Putting on makeup or getting fake one's IS A PERSONAL CHOICE, and anything a person does to themselves that alters them is this regard is fair game for criticism. If a woman feels like she has to put 8 coats of makeup on so that she makes Tammy Fae Baker look like she's "natural" then I'll be the first one to make Bozo the Clown remarks about. But if the same woman was born with a birthmark on her face, then no one has any call to mock her. Afterall, it's only by the grace of God that WE were born without such burdens. I mean c'mon people! I was taught this by my parents when I was in Kindergarten!

I guess I've about beat this one into the ground. If folks still don't get it or choose not to then I give up.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

If folks still don't get it or choose not to then I give up.

I object to the ad for slightly different reasons than WW, but I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. I cannot stem the tide of immodesty or disrespect in the whole world. I can only stem the tide in my own life. 

I hope this conversation has awoken the editors of D&DH and they will not renew this ad when the contract with the company in question expires. If this ad, or ones like it are still running when my subscription expires, I'll have to move on.

And I'm done with this topic.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:21 pm

lol I must of got a different mag in the mail!
Because I really been looking at this Hard. I even asked my wife to show that article to the Psycologist that they use at the Public Defenders office "Dr Dorecko" Just to see if Im misssing something here and need help!

D&DH Can't and never will please everyone altho they try Im sure!
JPH IF I remember you said your a firefighter? You guys don't have smutt in The fire house? If not your probly the only one on this planet

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features