D&DH Equipment Issue

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
ranwin33

D&DH Equipment Issue

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:05 am

I've gotten about half way through the new equipment issue and I just want to say GOOD JOB!

I think last year some of us complained it seemed to be nothing more than an advertisement for various manufacturers.  But this year, all but one article I've read so far, actually discusses the use of the equipment.  The article Arrows, What's the Perfect Weight by Bob Robb has one of the most complete discussions on FOC I've read.  Very good job.

I'd still like to see a "report card" on various equipment, much as they do in Field and Stream, but all-in-all a good job D&DH.  If the decision is ever made to "test" equipment, I'd be happy to offer my services.[:)]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Woods Walker

RE: D&DH Equipment Issue

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

That was a good article on the arrows, but overall I guess one needs to be a real "gizmo geek" is really get the most out of it.

I, for one, wouldn't have paid for it on a newstand.

And I know I said this before, but I do it again.......

Hey editors, how about at least a HALF PAGE that deals with  traditional bows and equipment?  [&o]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

I really enjoyed the article on food plots......inspired me to go plant my own little hunting plot in the woods.....great job as always
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

Sam Menard

Postby Sam Menard » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:37 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33
I'd still like to see a "report card" on various equipment, much as they do in Field and Stream, but all-in-all a good job D&DH. If the decision is ever made to "test" equipment, I'd be happy to offer my services.

Ditto!

Sam
"The true hunter counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."

Dr. Saxton Pope

postman

Postby postman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:08 am

I think they should have an entire section dedicated to traditional equipment and techniques.
It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features