Old Issues

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
buckfarmdude

Old Issues

Postby buckfarmdude » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm

I have been going back and reading back issues of D&DH lately (normal behavior for me this close to the season) and I came upon one of Dan Schmidt's "Editor's Stump" articles from last year. I can't remember which issue it was, but he was talking about the top ten things that let him know it's near opening day. Things like seeing the leaves start to change color, setting up a new stand, cutting shooting lanes, and the different senses relating to autumn. It just about gave me goosebumps when I read it. Stuff like this really feed my fire. I have never been more exited about opening day in my entire life. I have every issue of Deer and Deer Hunting that I have ever received, and I still get them out and read them all the time. Gotta love it!!!
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

kykevin

RE: Old Issues

Postby kykevin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:15 pm

i hear ya. my old lady complains about all my old magazines.......i still go through and read them all the time though....matter of fact was reading an issue from 94 on my lunch break today
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

Sam Menard

RE: Old Issues

Postby Sam Menard » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:29 am

I keep mine as well. They are a good reference tool. Sometimes, when I read an old issue (10 years+), it's like reading it for the first time.
Sam
"The true hunter counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."

Dr. Saxton Pope

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features