"I Heard A Raven"

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
charlie 01

"I Heard A Raven"

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:28 pm

The Editor's Stump, in the December issue. Boy can I relate to your article Dan. I too had those green sorel boots with the felt liners. It didn't seem to matter how many pairs of socks you put on, your feet always got cold. You had to really be committed to actually attempt to endure those cold weather hunts. In the 1950's I too sat in or on those large tree stumps in Mich. that were left from the early logging days. In those days it was bucks only, and it always amazed me to see the does walk past me at times less than 20yds with me wearing those wool blk and red hunting clothes, (still have a pair hanging in my hunting closet) and not see me. That's what eventually lead me to start bow hunting. I still don't mind hunting on those cold days. Thanks to the Gore-Tex boots, for years now my feet never get cold, and I might add with the use of just one pair of socks. You are right, those days made us into the deer hunters we are today. Things were so much different then, you could hunt most anywhere in the north woods, not like today. Thanks for bringing back those memories Dan.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features