What is Your Favorite Part Of the Magazine?

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
stumpsitter66

RE: What is Your Favorite Part Of the Magazine?

Postby stumpsitter66 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:34 am

Biological characteristics of deer articles are great too, I love reading how deer function, live,

Me too! I really like the articles by Dr. Bishop on how a deer's lungs work, how deer blood is different than ours, etc. I absolutely cannot get enough of that stuff.

Jack

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue May 05, 2009 1:24 pm

I actually love the cover the best....I really like the pics each month and the teaser lines about the articles, some of which are not as good as I picture them being but all in all from cover to cover I like it.  I just like the cover the best because its kinda like a wrapped package.....Suspense and surprise and all
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Sam Menard

Postby Sam Menard » Wed May 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Although I enjoy the whole magazine and read it cover to cover, here are my favourites:
[ol][*]John Ozaga's column
[*]Most articles written by Charlie Alsheimer
[*]Len Lee Rue's column
[*]The story on the last page.[/ol]
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't particularily care for Ted Nugent's stuff.

Sam

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Not a Nug fan myself.  He doesn't seem to belong in this magazine.  Just my opinion.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 am

Any article by Charlie Alsheimer.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 am

The first section I read is the short story at the end, then the one pager towards the end (big deer story), then the readers write, then the articles.

The last thing I read is the Ozoga articles....way to scientific for me.  You need to be a true D&DH Geek to dig that stuff.[:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

stumpsitter66

Postby stumpsitter66 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 am

When is the last time they had Nugent in there? I don't recall him being in the magazine for quite some time.

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Thu May 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Thats true, he has not been in it for a while.  I didn't really notice that because I never read his columns.  Just too far out there for me.  On the other hand, he does own some land not too far from my house so, Nug, if your out there, I dig your stuff.  Can I hunt on your land?  Spirit of the Wild!!!LOL
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri May 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Anything by Charlie Alshimer, I am a diehard fan. If you live with deer you are the man in my book.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun May 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Ozoga, Alsheimer, Rue. I also enjoy that first full page deer picture that is usually right before the articles begin. Overall, the photography is fantastic. I like that they show spikes and runthorn bucks as well as trophies in the photos. Those spikes and runthorns are the bucks I see when I hunt. I dig the scientific stuff too. This magazine is so much better than the ones that are crammed with stories about trophies killed in places I'll never be able to afford to go, by people I've never heard of.

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features