What a GREAT TOPIC

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
buckhunter21

RE: What a GREAT TOPIC

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm not sure what you're reading, but this magazine is bar-none the best deer hunting magazine on the market.  I think by the way you talk you want the magazine to grab you by the hands and have it drag you out to the woods to show you where the sheds are.  I've read that issue as well as every issue since I first starting reading it over 10 years ago and not once have I felt this way about an article.  But, you're your own person and you are entitled to your opinion.  I'd give it another try!
QDM!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:01 pm

I love D&DH plain and simple. But i too was disappointed in the shed article. I found everything else very satisfying in th magazine though (as i always seem to) but that article was quite disappointing though. I know they are not going to take us thru a intimate walk thru the woods and pin point exactly where to find the sheds, but the article really didn't mention anything about what areas might be good to look in or "how to find more sheds" as the cover page said it would.

With that said, that does not happen hardly ever in D&DH! It is by far the best white tailed deer magazine on the market and they will always have my subscription! I just renewed and am expecting the season 4 dvd(s) sometime in the near future and cant wait! Please stick with D&DH jessielee and give it another chance i know you will be very glad you did!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:11 pm

On the front page of the forum page look under the "Featured Article" ssome good tips on it about shed hunting, it builds off of the article in the magazine!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 am

ORIGINAL: jessielee1

I 've just started reading deer and deer hunting .I'am very disapointed in it .I have the june issue,and the cover says "find more sheds ! expert tips on where to look".I read the whole article and it never once mentions where to look.And the article about The Physics of antler growth why are some racks dark and others are light? Here are the answers to those questions it states at the beginning of the article. Again not a single answer. Just speculations.No facts just fill in garbage.I bought this mag thinking maybe i could learn somthing! I'am 31 years old and been hunting for 15 years and I could make up more interesting garbage than this.I will never spend my very hard earned money on this magazine again.Maybe its the writers but someone had to make the decision to print it.I just dont buy it!I want answers!

I have to agree with jessielee1 on the point above.  I was excited to find "where to look", but then found nothing in the article about "where to look". 

Obviously, I'm a HUGE fan of D&DH.  It's the only magazine I subscribe to, but I do think they missed the mark with that headline. 

jessielee1, give it a few issues.  You will love it!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 am

Jessielee-just out of curiosity, what magazines do you find most informative?

Dan Schmidt

Postby Dan Schmidt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:44 am

Hello, everyone.

Sorry for missing this post. I just was alerted to it today. The cover blurb on the shed article was a mistake, obviously. We had two pieces scheduled to run and printed the wrong one. It was a last-minute mistake before the issue went to the printer, and we regret it. To see the article on techniques, see the home page of this site. We have posted it at the top in its entirety. My apologies for this mistake.

Best,

Dan

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update Dan!  I read and very much enjoyed both articles!
QDM!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks, Dan!

What a rare thing in journalism -- an honest mistake properly apologized for! Where else and a new reader raise a question about a magazine and not only get the attention of the editor, but also get a clear explanation and an apology? That's integrity. More evidence that Deer & Deer Hunting is tops!

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features