Out of the Dog House

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
MDV WI hunter

RE: Out of the Dog House

Postby MDV WI hunter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 am

[/quote]
No, a deal's a deal. The weather is up to someone else.

Another thing I have done with some success during deer season is to ask my wife if she would prefer morning or evening hunts. Some days she likes to have me home to help get things going in the morning. Other times she wants me home in the evening so she can go to the gym or whatever.

Some days I have to roll out of bed when I would prefer to sleep in and hunt the evening, but again, a deal's a deal.
[/quote]

Right on, what is the message sent if something better comes along I can change my mind to fit my agenda.  I agree it may suck to miss a perfect day of hunting, but God willing there will be more.  And if done correctly and SINCERELY, passes may be granted.  And if they are, be sure to make them up!!  I had my wife tell me to go out because the kids were napping, she wanted some alone time, and she knew the weather was perfect.  That night Isaw a very nice buck but no shot - I took her out to dinner that weekend and arranged G&G to watch the kids.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

Now, as much as we loved the article, lets be honest.

Have you ever committed to a night with your wife and when it arrived it was 35 degrees, with high pressure and a perfect wind? You know, that kind of evening that just feels like deer hunting. Did you spend the night antsy and wondering what you were missing?

I have. I am not proud of it, but I have.

Guilty as charged!
QDM!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:23 am

I put my family first, during October anyway.[:D] November's a different story.   

No really theres alot of give an take during hunting season in our house, I can normally get away with missing a few school functions or family dinners to hit the woods.  But I better help out around the house and spend all my non hunting/working time with the family. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features