Ted Nugent!!!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Woods Walker

Ted Nugent!!!

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 am

I just read Ted Nugent's, "I Don't Need A Big Buck" article in the recent issue......OUTSTANDING!!!!

He REALLY nailed the reason why this old deer hunter LOVES to deer hunt as much as I do.

Ted had been absent from your pages for while until the past two issues, and I MISSED HIM! 

I hope you continue to print his observations and opinions!

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

sludge

RE: Ted Nugent!!!

Postby sludge » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10 am

Woods.. Your wisdom speaks MASSIVE volumes.

The truth, sad as it may be, is Mr. Nugent is the ONLY celebrity speaking out on behalf off all deer hunters.. and hunters in general. NOT cow-towing to sponsors and the PC mindsight.

I find him amazingly refreshing to hear in a world of clouded judgments.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I agree with you guys. And add that he is as good for hunting as he was for rock music.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 pm

comments  withdrawn
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Greg Mauser

Postby Greg Mauser » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 am

I'm glad to see Nugent in D&DH as well...just as long as he can get beyond the "Spirit of the Wild" yabba-dabba-yamma-yamma speak and give us some real substance (which I know he's capable of if he would just slow down and take his time).

I once witnessed Ted bite the head off an anti-hunter and spit it out...not literally speaking of course - though I sometimes wonder.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:12 am

What is yabba-dabba speak...is that like when he gets out the mask and flash light? I think Ted is just as extreme as the anti's are.
[X(]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:30 pm

i too am overjoyed at his return to the pages of D&DH
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:48 pm

As one who has had the pleasure of meeting him on several occasions and being inspired by him. I can explain a little about the Spirit of the Wild. It is the watching of a 12 yr old boy with a neuromuscular disease nearly stand up in his wheel chair when he hits the bullseye, its the stammering of Paul Helmke aknowledging the failure of the Gun Free Zone after VA Tech, it is the essence of being the best you can be and sharing that with others. I am not a subscriber to many magazines, for one simple reason: They refuse to break the mold or challenge the status quo. Ted does that and far too many fear it, there is no need to fear.

I have been in the trenches for about 10 years with this fight and can tell you for a fact that the tide is turning in no small part because of Ted Nugent's visibility and constant promotion of the shooting sports. Now I have to run and continue planning for an archery event that will be seen first hand by about 100,000 people and via media near 500,000 thanks to Ted Nugent's inspiration.

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Great job Highlander keep it up.Love "Uncle Ted" and his show.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks Fl, I am also working on projects to reach at risk kids involved with some inner city programs.

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features