Ted Nugent!!!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
gutpile

RE: Ted Nugent!!!

Postby gutpile » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 pm

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

Well like I think I may have posted a long ways back on probably this same exact thread:

I think we can often take what Ted says and polish it some for our own use to do exactly that-win some over. Or, at least get them to think.

It may be that that is what Ted's job is. To get us to stop appologizing for what we do, to grow a pair and be bold. Not just like Ted maybe, but again take what he says as good raw material/inspiration for our own work. I humbly submit that I don't think Ted could really do it any other way. He is Ted. Icons get trapped sometimes into being icons. Imagine the outrage if he got all quiet and PC [;)]

You nailed it and you get it.

Hey Highlander I didn't see ya in michigan this year..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:10 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

Well like I think I may have posted a long ways back on probably this same exact thread:

I think we can often take what Ted says and polish it some for our own use to do exactly that-win some over. Or, at least get them to think.

It may be that that is what Ted's job is. To get us to stop appologizing for what we do, to grow a pair and be bold. Not just like Ted maybe, but again take what he says as good raw material/inspiration for our own work. I humbly submit that I don't think Ted could really do it any other way. He is Ted. Icons get trapped sometimes into being icons. Imagine the outrage if he got all quiet and PC [;)]

Thats cause I wasn't there. 2 sponsorships for Life NRA Memberships, 3 Yr memberships and Flight, Hotel and Agenda tickets took a priority. Plus running the archery club and classes. Arranging meeting with PA VIPS regarding crossbow inclusion, Sunday hunting and other issues took up alot of time too.I'll get there in the next couple of years, but I must lay my priorities with the ensuing battle.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

[quote]ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

Thats cause I wasn't there. 2 sponsorships for Life NRA Memberships, 3 Yr memberships and Flight, Hotel and Agenda tickets took a priority. Plus running the archery club and classes. Arranging meeting with PA VIPS regarding crossbow inclusion, Sunday hunting and other issues took up alot of time too.I'll get there in the next couple of years, but I must lay my priorities with the ensuing battle.
[/quote]
if your scared. lol
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 am

I don't like everything Ted says and does, but Ted is like the portrait of Kosmo Kramer in the old Seinfeld episode -- "I can't look away!" If Ted is anything, he's lovable, and we're better off with him than without him.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Sam Menard

OK, I guess I'll add my comments to the discussion.

There's no doubt about it that he is very pasionate about hunting and firearms.  And he certainly won't back down to anyone.  I have to admit that I like some of his quotes such as "Locked, cocked, ready to rock doc!" or  "Those leather shoes that you're wearing, well that's a gut pile!"

Although he is an advocate for hunting, he wins few converts due to the way he chooses to deliver his message.  That's a shame because the hunting cause has few celebrities who are open about their passion for the hunt.  Most celebrities remain "in the hunting closet" in fear of being black listed by Hollywoods or shuned by the population at large.

It's one thing to stand up for what you believe in, however it's a grandeur endevour to win someone over to your side.  Saddly for Ted, the only people that are willing to listen to his messages are hunters and shooters.

Sam

I can name 60 people, in the last month, that Ted has reached who never would have been reached any other way.

NRA4Life

Postby NRA4Life » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:53 pm

I saw Ted speak at last year's NRA annual meetings in Louisville.  He is inspirational, and he is passionate.  Time after time he says what needs to be said, and exactly how it needs to be said.  He may not make everyone happy with his message, but you can count on him being real. This man has done more for Second Amendment rights than anyone since Charlton Heston, and I am truly thankful that I as a hunter, gun owner, and American, have Ted out there fighting the fight against the extremists.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:31 pm

ORIGINAL: NRA4Life

I saw Ted speak at last year's NRA annual meetings in Louisville.  He is inspirational, and he is passionate.  Time after time he says what needs to be said, and exactly how it needs to be said.  He may not make everyone happy with his message, but you can count on him being real. This man has done more for Second Amendment rights than anyone since Charlton Heston, and I am truly thankful that I as a hunter, gun owner, and American, have Ted out there fighting the fight against the extremists.

You coming to Phoenix?

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:14 pm

I agree with Highlander and NRA4Life on their views of Ted.  He's hardcore and maybe that turns some people off (the non-hunters/antis) but I think he's a piece of the puzzle that we need in our fight to keep what we have (hunting).  He's just a happy-go-lucky guy that's very passionate about hunting and just expresses himself a little differently than some other people. 
QDM!

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features