Ted Nugent!!!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
danesdad

RE: Ted Nugent!!!

Postby danesdad » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 pm

I dont think that it is as much driving people away from hunting, or attracting them to it as it is, getting people who NEVER think about hunting (in other words, most of the population) to see hunting as a positive, beneficial activity.  That is where Ted's value is.  He's never gonna make you or me hunt more or less.  He's getting the unwashed masses to think about it in a positive way.  You may not like the messenger or his style, but the message is essentially the correct one.

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 am

ORIGINAL: danesdad

I dont think that it is as much driving people away from hunting, or attracting them to it as it is, getting people who NEVER think about hunting (in other words, most of the population) to see hunting as a positive, beneficial activity.  That is where Ted's value is.  He's never gonna make you or me hunt more or less.  He's getting the unwashed masses to think about it in a positive way.  You may not like the messenger or his style, but the message is essentially the correct one.

Well said. We could squabble over some fine points, but there has been enough of that with this thread.

Ahhh...that's refreshing!

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:44 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: danesdad

Well said. We could squabble over some fine points, but there has been enough of that with this thread.

Ahhh...that's refreshing!

squabbling makes a debate fun
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

wack

Postby wack » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:00 am

I haven't been around for awhile getting ready for bow hunting, and am proud to see a lot of support here in my absence.  As far as the ethics and infighting among hunters it's A fact that anti hunters are using one hunter against another as much as they can. YES , we should police our own, but that's not going to happen, the anti's will always push to the limits and beyond and you can bet Ted will be there to push back.
 If you don't think it's reasonable to compare a corn pile to a worm or deer scent, open your eyes. Bait is bait and the anti's want it all stopped and have won battles in some area's already. You don't bait deer, fine, that's your choice. Be proud that you have that choice. You don't want all of us hunting your way, that will create a lot of competition for you and loose a lot of hunters that you're going to need to fight the anti's from taking your way away too.
  In the past I slammed enclosed fence hunting about the time that BOZO got busted shooting that buck with in a fence in Indiana. Then I thought on it for awhile and figured I wasn't going to help anti hunters close that kind of hunting down. If they do close down these hunts, then those bozo's might be in the same woods with me. Some of the hunters I meet on public grounds probably should hunt supervised behind a fence where they won't hurt anyone. Namely me. lol If it were up to me to police, I'd say 500 acres min. use same weapons that are legal in the area, buy same licenses as everyone on public land needs and make sure it's as fair chase as can be. I'd also call on these game farms to improve the health and genetics so they can help improve our wild herds instead of put them at risk from disease. Right now game farms are a part of the problem but with proper management could be part of the solution. I'd give these land owners incentive to return land to it's original state and incentive to return animals back into the wild. WI has more elk and buffalo behind fences than in the wild, I'd rather the farmer get rich producing animals to be released into the wild than killed behind fences but that option isn't legal so the only way for the farmer to profit is butcher his animals or enclosed fence hunt.   These are ideas to "police" our own. The challenge is to not condemn a way of hunting when there are common sense roads to take to preserve hunting as a whole. You can be PRO hunting with out being help to the anti's. You can still brag at the campfire how you got your buck with out bait or scent or how ever you choose. Instead of condemning another hunter for his choice, give thanks to that hunter for helping you preserve your right to choose. Give thanks to guys like Ted who choose to fight for your rights in the public eye.

As far as those saying Ted has chased would be hunters away, I do not know of any but I do know of several people who have been inspired to bow hunt by Ted. By skimming these 11 pages, I have a hunch that a few more have also been inspired including myself, my mentor and his mentor.....

So the score starts here:
 3 hunters inspired by Ted, 0 hunters quit hunting hunting because of Ted

We could also keep track of how many anti's Ted's made fools of?
I can think of 2 right off hand, the Beetle and the french guy for starters. lol 2 I know there's many more......It's always fun and educational to hear Ted rip into an anti.
I'm going out to shoot some more, have a great day.

American by birth, hunter by choice.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 am

I think Ted is a great spokesperson for hunters and gun owners . But ................ I don't and won't watch hisTV shows . I can't stand them . The beast is dead ---long live the beast . Gimme a break ! He knows the laws and speaks well at any interview I have seen with him but his TV shows stink !

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:21 pm

I was just about to post, "The Nuge thread is dead. Long live the Nuge thread!"

Man it just won't go away! [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 pm

I've created a MONSTER!!! [:o]..........Woods "Dr. Frankenstein" Walker   [:D]

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 am

I might as well jump in, what the heck...

At the risk of sounding like I'm introducing myself at some therapy session- Hi my name is Joel and I'm a huge Nuge fan. (Everybody now-Hi Joel!)

Yes he's bold, brash and unafraid. Just like the folks who want to take our hunting away. Would I say everything like he says it? No. But I'm not Ted, I'm me. I'm not a rock icon who is a household name in several arenas. It is almost expected of a guy like Ted to approach things the way he does. In a weird kind of way it would be worse if he got all rated G and apologetic. The media would have a field day with that

I have never heard him utter anything that wasn't the truth. And like him or not as a speaker and communicator he gets it across. Ted is no different than any other controversial speaker or commentator. I have sat in church and heard some pretty rough sermons and left thinking "well they heard the truth anyway"
I enjoy watching him periodically kick the crap out of guys like Alan Combs, etc. And ya know what a real value is of a guy like Ted? "Normal" sportsmen like us can take what he says, make it our own and go forth. I'm a musician. If I didn't have the ability to steal as many chops from other players as I have, I would be nowhere.

As to the post re Ted shooting in enclosures, I have never seen any evidence of that and I would need some real definitive proof of that before I believed it or before I posted it. IMO that kind of stuff can be more dangerous than Ted.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I was just about to post, "The Nuge thread is dead. Long live the Nuge thread!"

Man it just won't go away! [:D]

It certainly has taken a life of its own

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:05 am

oh no now there's two of us[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features