Ted Nugent!!!

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
hh23viking

RE: Ted Nugent!!!

Postby hh23viking » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 am

Just finished his latest book"Ted,White and Blue" Great insight/entertaining and spot on politically..Ted in 20012..HH

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:06 am

Ted in 20012..HH

And they thought McCain was old!!  LOL!!!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 am

bump! This thread is older! [:D] lol
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:31 am

I only watch ted's show and d&dh.  I don't really agree with many of ted's opinions or his persona, but I love the hilarious way he describes things on his show.  My son and I joke about it all the time.  

"That's a shooter pig", "butterball buck" and "michigan swamp donkey" really make me laugh :)

Anyone who watches his show will know his is constantly shilling products.   Every action is described by which product he is using at the time.  The other day he was going through his list of items, naming them by brand when he came to his seat cushion.  He didn't have a brand name for that, just "seat cushion".  Another laugher :)

It does get boring watching him hunt over bait though.

Sam Menard

Postby Sam Menard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 am

OK, I guess I'll add my comments to the discussion.

There's no doubt about it that he is very pasionate about hunting and firearms.  And he certainly won't back down to anyone.  I have to admit that I like some of his quotes such as "Locked, cocked, ready to rock doc!" or  "Those leather shoes that you're wearing, well that's a gut pile!"

Although he is an advocate for hunting, he wins few converts due to the way he chooses to deliver his message.  That's a shame because the hunting cause has few celebrities who are open about their passion for the hunt.  Most celebrities remain "in the hunting closet" in fear of being black listed by Hollywoods or shuned by the population at large.

It's one thing to stand up for what you believe in, however it's a grandeur endevour to win someone over to your side.  Saddly for Ted, the only people that are willing to listen to his messages are hunters and shooters.

Sam

"The true hunter counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."

Dr. Saxton Pope

singleshot

Postby singleshot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am

hunters have a hard time defending the right to hunt to the antis. but when they make acusations about fellow sportsmen it gives the antis more fuel to attack us with. this subject started good then gave the antis alot of fuel. most antis think hunters are drug using alcoholic uneducated  hillbillys. i am a hillbilly and take exception to that. dont let personal opions destroy a way of life for the rest of us and try to get along please. for the sake of the sport.

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 am

Well like I think I may have posted a long ways back on probably this same exact thread:

I think we can often take what Ted says and polish it some for our own use to do exactly that-win some over. Or, at least get them to think.

It may be that that is what Ted's job is. To get us to stop appologizing for what we do, to grow a pair and be bold. Not just like Ted maybe, but again take what he says as good raw material/inspiration for our own work. I humbly submit that I don't think Ted could really do it any other way. He is Ted. Icons get trapped sometimes into being icons. Imagine the outrage if he got all quiet and PC [;)]

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:08 pm

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

Well like I think I may have posted a long ways back on probably this same exact thread:

I think we can often take what Ted says and polish it some for our own use to do exactly that-win some over. Or, at least get them to think.

It may be that that is what Ted's job is. To get us to stop appologizing for what we do, to grow a pair and be bold. Not just like Ted maybe, but again take what he says as good raw material/inspiration for our own work. I humbly submit that I don't think Ted could really do it any other way. He is Ted. Icons get trapped sometimes into being icons. Imagine the outrage if he got all quiet and PC [;)]

You nailed it and you get it.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:29 pm

ORIGINAL: singleshot

hunters have a hard time defending the right to hunt to the antis. but when they make acusations about fellow sportsmen it gives the antis more fuel to attack us with. this subject started good then gave the antis alot of fuel. most antis think hunters are drug using alcoholic uneducated  hillbillys. i am a hillbilly and take exception to that. dont let personal opions destroy a way of life for the rest of us and try to get along please. for the sake of the sport.
Welcome to the forums, singleshot. Very well said and to the point,  Ted is a Icon in this sport to some people, and not so much to others, a little pot stirring goes a long way...not only in this forum, but in life. I'd just like to say I admire Ted for his solid foot hold on very touchy issues, and his never ending quest to destroy our enemys.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

wack

Postby wack » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:22 am

Let's all bow our heads and sing along with Ted, ONE, TWO, ONE TWO
THREE FOUR..[;)][:)][:D][:D]

There I was back in the wild again.
I felt right at home, where I be-long.
I had the feeling, coming over me again.
Just like it happened so many times be-fore. eh.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good in-side.
I knew his name and it was good to see him again.
Cause in the wind he's still a-live.
Oh Fred Bear
Walk with me down the trails again.
Take me back, back where I be-long.
Fred Bear
I'm glad to have you at my side my friend
and I'll join you in the big hunt before too long
before too long.
It was kinda dark, another misty dusk
it came from a tangle down be-low.
I tried to re-mem-ber everything you taught me so well.
I had to de-cide which way to go.
Was I a-lone or in a hunter's dream.
Cause the moment of truth was here and now.
I felt his touch I felt his guiding hand.
The buck was mine forever more!!
Oh Fred Bear
Walk with me down the trails again.
Take me back, back where I be-long.
Fred Bear
I'm glad to have you at my side my friend
and I'll join you in the big hunt before too long
before too long.
We're not alone when we're in the great outdoors
We got his spirit We got his soul
He will guide our steps and our arrows home
The restless spirit still roams