Best D&DH issue of all time?

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
reeper0697

Best D&DH issue of all time?

Postby reeper0697 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm

If you had to pick one, only one, issue of D&DH to be rated as the best issue ever, which one would it be? And which article(s) made you choose it to be number one?
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Goose

RE: Best D&DH issue of all time?

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:09 pm

I love the land management issue's.
I guess I cant really pick one favorite, they are all good in their own way. Seems like each issue has something that really grabs my attention.
I really liked the article where hunting was compared to sports and they really wrote what I felt on the subject of sports. Cant remember the title of it now but it was in this past year and I think it was even discussed on these boards.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 pm

I'd have to agree with Goose on this one too...It's tough to pick out one issue out of the many that I've read since subscribing.  I love land management as well...How to's on making your property better for wildlife! 

Going off that topic, I was at the MN deer expo this weekend and I went to a seminar that I think a lot of you would love.  It all had to do with land management and how to make it better.  I'll write about it in a different thread sometime this week when I get some time and then I'll post a link to the guy's website!
QDM!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:30 am

tough to pick but i 'll go with Charlie A's rut picks.Funny story im  up at deer camp ,i'm still the new guy.you know the drill,do all the dishes ,wood,carry the deer for the old guys ...etc.well anyway we're sitting round the big table (after i washed all the pots pans ,plates for spaghetti night) and we get into a discussion over the  32,35th parrallel .the old timer felt this had to do with being in korea not the catskills well as anyone whos been in camp knows i lost the argument,had to clean his gun everynight etc......
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

stumpsitter66

Postby stumpsitter66 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 am

That is a tough question!! I am like you guys, nearly every issue has something in it that I can't throw away. I keep all of my issues. I really like the articles on physiology. How a deer's lungs work, etc. These help me better understand what make deer tick and in turn help me better understand the animal when I am blood trailing it, etc.

Stump

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features