Learning To Look Article

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Woods Walker

Learning To Look Article

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:07 am

This article by Wayne Van Zwoll of 9 things you should know about optics, was a very good informative piece, and I agreed with all of what he had to say.

I would only add one thing............

#10:  If you are going to make an investment in hunting glass, then you also need to invest in a carry system for them so that they are ON you, and READY when you need them, and will also stay OUT OF THE WAY when you don't.

I know several guys who always pack hunting binoculars when they hunt, but they rarely see the light of day, because they are in the daypack. I also know of some hunters who've tried to use them, by complained that they always are swinging around, and bascially being a nuiscience, so they stopped carrying them.

The Bino-Buddy, Kuban Hitch, and other similar type harness system that keeps optics close at hand, but out of the way until you need them, are to me almost as valuble as the binocular itself!  I still hunt about 80% of the time, and I use the Bino-Buddy harness for my Zeiss 10 X 40's.

I can bend over, get on all fours, or even crawl with them and they keep the glasses out of the way at all times.

$1500.00 binoculars won't do you much good if they're sitting in a daypack, or worse yet, in the cab of your vehicle!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features