Group tag

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
ishman

RE: Group tag

Postby ishman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:53 pm

This seems to me to be a great way for states to help get their quota. There has been many times that i wish i couldve givin my tag to someone else to let them fill it. Its your tag, you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

deer decemer

Postby deer decemer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT AS LONG AS THE DEER IS TAKEN THE RIGHT WAY & THE RIGHT WAY ONLY! SOME PEOPLE LOVE THE MEAT, & THEY CAN NOT GET OUT TO HUNT FOR WHAT EVER REASON, BUT THEY BUY THERE TAGS, AND YOU DO THE FUN STUFF[:)]

texsalerno

Postby texsalerno » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 pm

I live and hunt in NY.Group tagging is not allowed.A transfer of antlerless deer permits is allowed.Once transferred he/she is the only person that can use that tag.Can not give it back to the person who purchased it.

Personally I see no reason why we can't shoot a deer on someone else s tag if we agree to it.The licenses and tags have been paid for what difference does it make who shot the deer as long as it was tagged per regulation?

Tex Salerno
www.stickbow.com

[:)] 

AdventureNorth

Postby AdventureNorth » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:42 am

Boy..Maine sure has some tough laws compared to other states I see.Youn's all call it "Group" hunts....we call is "Driving" deer and this is not allowed here in Maine until last year when they said you could do this with 3 people and 3 people only.The woods here are big and thick and its not even worth it! I always said,where as I grew up in an apple orchard family and as an orchard owner,my grandfather,uncle,etc.could shoot as many deer as they wanted ,that if you hunt as a group in your family,that is..they ALL get out there,then for another to tag would be okay with me.Deer are so elusive,some might not see a thing, while another see's 10 one day(We're talking Maine where there are no deer left!)

11pointmark

Postby 11pointmark » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

You boyz are missing the point.  If you pull the card eventually you will get non-traditional "hunters" in your area.  They want to shoot deer and are going to shoot every deer they see and they are going to shoot deer they dont have "tags" for.  You have just given them tags.  Ban this practice and ban drives.  You are not ready for this to occur in your area and there is nothing you can do stop it.  Under current law in Wisconsin they have the right to kill everything and that is what will happen.  One person including myself does not need more than one deer per state.  Show some self control or take a kid hunting.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Beautiful! 

Ban this nonsense where everyone keeps blaming everyone else for killing all the deer.  There are still a deer in this state, they just aren't everywhere you look anymore.  It's too bad everyone has forgotten how to hunt and resorts to the blame game!

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am

NIce buck bad pic[8|] Why the finger?
Eat or be Eaten!!!!

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features