Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
scotman

Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Postby scotman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 pm

This thread has moved here.

The March 2011 Deer and Deer Hunting magazine posted a sequel to Ted Nugents article called "Ethics... Schmethics" written by Ted himself. The opening headline which I found very dismally ironic states,
When Hunters wring their hands worrying about how they're perceived, it erodes the hunting community credibility by Ted Nugent

I was just wondering how the world perceives Ted Nugent after getting charged for poaching? Ted personally plead "no contest" to the charges. Get this he was charged with two misdemeanors and over 11 counts of baiting and poaching while filming his show "Spirit of the Wild". Ted was quoted saying...
[color="#000000"]
[/color]
You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations, it states. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. The honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion.

You should have known the game laws but that's no excuse Ted. Our hunting tradition is not about "should haves". Ofcourse people will argue the charges where dropped, which they where. But this guy represents all of us a sportsman!

You can read the [url=http://www.mtdemocrat.com/archived-stories/Rocker_Nugent_pays_DFG_fine/]full article here
[/url]
Yes Ted I personally worry about how our tradition is perceived. Especially when it comes to "rock stars" trying to popularize our tradition and turning around getting arrested for baiting and poaching. So who is really eroding the hunting community?
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

badtoys

RE: Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Postby badtoys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:35 am

oh well he got busted!! you never did anything illegal right not?? leave ted alone
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 am

That axe has been ground right down to the handle[8|]

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 am

OH BOY........don't start up the ETHICS thing again......it turns into arguing bout ABORTION AND THE BIBLE.......DOH......[:D]
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 am

While I do think this subject been Image it is something important that we all can hopefully take a valuable lesson from. It is good to remember events such as these.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Got my latest issue today, and was disappointed when i saw D&DH had run another piece by nugent.......

Then to see some of the comments here, simply dismissing ethics in general, and defending nugent in particular......unbelievable.

Ethics are vital in all aspects of life, and especially in hunting, where we are already perceived by some in the anti crowd as souless killers. But regardless of what others may think or say, we should be bound to act with the highest ethical standards when we`re in the field with weapon in hand. The animals we hunt deserve to be hunted fairly, and by folks who are capable of, all things being equal, quick, humane kills.

nugent is always a blowhard, but in this piece, he really goes over the top with his pathetic whining and drivel. It`s unbelievable that any magazine continues to give him a platform for his outrageous rhetoric and constant off the wall commentary.

This guy does not represent me, and he gives hunting and gun ownership a black eye with his crazy-speak, and his immature antics.........now, add poacher to his list of accomplishments.

Ethics are vital, and they paint a vivid picture of the person you really are, and whether nugent, or anyone else wants to discuss them, you tell the tale of who you are better than any written or oral description you could ever provide of yourself. nugent continues to be extremely lacking in them.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

IsitInTREES

Postby IsitInTREES » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree that Ted is a little over the top. Read further into his baiting charge, he was on a paid hunt.
The guides did the baiting.
I'm sure he knew but figured no one was watching.... that is the true test of ethics...
What you do when no one is watching.
I pride myself in being an ethical hunter and person.

I am conflicted, Ted is one of the few professionals that is proud and willing to stand up for our right to hunt.
I still believe that Ted is a good person and is good for hunting.

Is he the best role model????? Not sure, but he stands up for us and our culture.
Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 am

Very well put Sir!!!!!!!![;)]
ORIGINAL: IsitInTREES

I agree that Ted is a little over the top. Read further into his baiting charge, he was on a paid hunt.
I'm sure he knew but figured no one was watching.... that is the true test of ethics...

I am conflicted, Ted is one of the few professionals that is proud and willing to stand up for our right to hunt.

Is he the best role model????? Not sure, but he stands up for us and our culture.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:31 am

right on

IsitInTREES
ORIGINAL: IsitInTREES

WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

Got my latest issue today, and was disappointed when i saw D&DH had run another piece by nugent.......

Then to see some of the comments here, simply dismissing ethics in general, and defending nugent in particular......unbelievable.

Ethics are vital in all aspects of life, and especially in hunting, where we are already perceived by some in the anti crowd as souless killers. But regardless of what others may think or say, we should be bound to act with the highest ethical standards when we`re in the field with weapon in hand. The animals we hunt deserve to be hunted fairly, and by folks who are capable of, all things being equal, quick, humane kills.

nugent is always a blowhard, but in this piece, he really goes over the top with his pathetic whining and drivel. It`s unbelievable that any magazine continues to give him a platform for his outrageous rhetoric and constant off the wall commentary.

This guy does not represent me, and he gives hunting and gun ownership a black eye with his crazy-speak, and his immature antics.........now, add poacher to his list of accomplishments.

Ethics are vital, and they paint a vivid picture of the person you really are, and whether nugent, or anyone else wants to discuss them, you tell the tale of who you are better than any written or oral description you could ever provide of yourself. nugent continues to be extremely lacking in them.

X 2 . It's time to put the lid on Ted. He tells everyone how to hunt, when we should hunt and why we should hunt. He's no better than any other hunter who blasts to all how they should hunt. I'm not sure why Ted is in the spotlight? He hunts, so what? So do 2 million other people in the U.S., many whom are "ethical" and respected. He's a narcissist and has to be in the spotlight. Sorry, Ted doesn't speak for me either.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features