Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Jslotter

RE: Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 am

Big Iron, I am not concerned how PETA or eco-terrorists think about my hunting lifestyle. They have never bothered me and never had an impact on my hunting for 17 years of hunting. Frankly, I am more concerned about a zombie apocalypse and national security more than anything. I rather not be seen or heard by radical anti hunters by going deep into the woods where they will not bother me. I bet you guys that fly down the roads shooting deer and other animals from trucks really make an impression on the onlookers who see you. I bet the non hunters who see 12 foot fenced properties with animals ready to shoot at your own discretion really makes a good impression also. You could sit behind your monitor and call me or other members here an "elitist" hunter all you want. Its far from the truth. I earn my kills and i do not need vehicles and walls to help me do it. If thats the way you hunt, your ethics and views of hunting are shattered. have a nice day.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 am

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

I sure wouldn't brag about being a marketer.. That'!s like having a license to lie about a product right! did you help market the carbon suits also? You and El conquistador,and bigiron sure enjoy bashing Marc But the Man does more for hunting and recruiting in one sitting then all of you do in a life time!

So, Marc does more than I do?  By writing articles?  Sitting behind a table at shows?  Really?  How do you know that? 

So, providing hands on hunting ops for hundreds of people per year (all year long) and bringing new hunters into the field (actually doing the work that Marc talks about) makes me chopped liver? 

BTW, I don't enjoy bashing Marc.  But when someone bashes my chosen vocation I'm gonna defend myself. 

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 am

ORIGINAL: Jslotter

Big Iron, I am not concerned how PETA or eco-terrorists think about my hunting lifestyle. They have never bothered me and never had an impact on my hunting for 17 years of hunting. Frankly, I am more concerned about a zombie apocalypse and national security more than anything. I rather not be seen or heard by radical anti hunters by going deep into the woods where they will not bother me. I bet you guys that fly down the roads shooting deer and other animals from trucks really make an impression on the onlookers who see you. I bet the non hunters who see 12 foot fenced properties with animals ready to shoot at your own discretion really makes a good impression also. You could sit behind your monitor and call me or other members here an "elitist" hunter all you want. Its far from the truth. I earn my kills and i do not need vehicles and walls to help me do it. If thats the way you hunt, your ethics and views of hunting are shattered. have a nice day.

Thanks for the more detailed post.  The "Texas sucks" one didn't leave me much to deal with.

FYI that's just one method of hunting.  From trucks and baiting.  We also stand hunt and stalk and do all other forms of hunting as I'm sure you know.

But we like the freedom to choose.  And I AM concerned with PETA and more importantly HSUS.  Because they use hunters against hunters.  And do it well as is illustrated in the attacks on this board.  They've got hunters bashing hunters over "ethics". 

IMO you need to start worrying about them.  Because they live to rob you of your rights to hunt. 

I'm fighting for you every day I take people hunting.  Every day I fill feeders, census the animals from helicopters, every day I get up early and go to bed late after a day of hunting where a new hunter or an old hunter has a grand time in the field. 

And I would NEVER denigrate your chosen method/methods of hunting.  It's not my place to, and IMO, as a hunter, I have a responsibility to you not to attack your hunting preference.   

So please, enjoy yourself in Wisconsin, hunt hard and hunt however you want to.      

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 am

My point is argue a point and not have an argument. Are you able to tell the difference?
ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

ORIGINAL: BigIron

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

[quote]ORIGINAL: BigIron

Marc,

This ethic thing your stuck on.  Man, PLEASE don't ever come to Texas with that attitude.  Please stay where ever you are.  Cause down here we hunt legally from vehicles.  I shoot blue quail from a polaris ranger high rack (on the ground no less).  I get in a truck with friends and shoot deer, hogs, exotic animals, yotes, skunks, badgers, rabbits.  We make it a social event.  And I hunt from blinds with bait.  I hunt high fences, low fences... no fences. 

Oh man.  My ethics suck. 

But let me tell you something Marc.  I have soooo much fun.  I can't possibly get that over to you because you're in some holier than thou mental straight jacket that won't let you see the pure joy of social hunting, successful hunting, and productive hunting. 

And that's ok Marc.  I don't try to tell you you aren't ethical.  I don't advocate against any of your methods of hunting. 

And as long as I'm alive you won't influence the freedom we have here in Texas. 

Don't worry BigIron, I have no desire to hunt ranch deer. I enjoy Midwest whitetails the best. If you want to hunt animals from your truck, more power to you. Although it's evident you would like to make this about something I have never spoke about, I won't begin to explain to you AGAIN that this has more to do with educating and creating solutions for future generations. If you want to love Ted, go for it. If you want to make this about something else that it's not about, go for it if it makes you feel better. Shoot away!

FYI, please don't ever come to Illinois with that attitude either because it won't last long. Freedom here is the same as it is everywhere else, and you can thank my brothers, myself, and my father for fighting and training troops for that luxury. You cannot thank Ted, because he bragged about dodging the draft! One thing for sure, he'll sure enjoy that hard earned freedom he speaks so much about and that the military provided!

Hey Marc,
You sure do have a purdy.... short memory.  [:D]  In the quote above you imply that I'M trying to make this about something it's not (hunter elitism). 

When in fact it was you who made this quote on page 3 of this thread:

"I'll tell you what, he's merrily showing up to kill, that's all! He just said in that statement that he didn't scout, plan or pursue in fair chase the animals he shot. What a loser. That's not hunting"

You're busted my friend.  That is the most elitist phrase that's been mentioned here.  And it smacks of the "holier than thou" attitude of folks who think their method of hunting is soooo much more "ethical" than someone else's. 

I've never read any of your articles.  But I probably would now, for entertainment.  Though obviously I wouldn't get any "enlightenment" from them. 

And you keep on hunting "fair chase" my friend.  These "ranch" deer down here on 7 to 20 thousand acres of impenetrable brush are so much easier to hunt than those farm plot deer up there with a whole 10 to 150 acres of woods to hide in, and only farmland to feed in.  Thanks for the laugh!  Heh heh. 

BTW, I'm printing some of your stuff off to post on the bulletin board at the ranches.  I share the laughter with friends.  Thanks for providing it.  

Bigiron, busted? Not! Just telling it like it is. Don't take my word for it, look up "hunting" in the dictionary. It will tell you that it is about "pursuing game, seeking game and not just killing game. If Ted had done all of those, he would have known there was bait in the area. Again, he just showed up to kill the game and not hunt it. FYI, I could care less is you copy and print this a million times! Have fun! While you're at it, why don't you post his comments regarding his time at war defending our country? Oops! I guess we had better leave that part out, shouldn't we, especially since he had a lot of fun bragging about his evasion :-) Enjoy the freedom though!

If I wanted to sew discord I could also post your "hunting" comments in my blog, which gets 10,000 hits a day. They would have a heyday with that, but being a professional, I am above the ugliness. My point is argue a point and not have an argument. Are you able to tell the difference?
[/quote]

Well, let me give you a little advice.  If your point is not to "have an argument", then statements that denigrate folks' choice of hunting method are probably counter productive to your point.

So, your point is.... guided hunts are not hunting....  because someone else did the scouting, setting up the blind or stand, strategically planning and placing it near a corn/bean field, food plot whatever, and taking the hunter to the location? 

Guided hunters just show up for the kill and therefore are not actually hunters.  And are not hunting.

That's what your statement implies.  Just making sure I have it correct.

So by your definition of hunting, guide services all over the world are not providing hunting ops, just killing ops. 

You might want to put that on your blog.  I'm sure the guide/hunting services all over the world would love to know how you feel about them.  And while you're at it you should write an article for D&DH to inform all the folks who buy hunting services and guided hunts that they really aren't hunters, and aren't hunting. 

Maybe the whole hunting world should re-define what we do to meet Marc's definition's criteria. 

nromn

Postby nromn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: El Conquistador

ORIGINAL: nromn

[font="times new roman"][/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
[font="times new roman"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/font]

I am going to respond to this part of your rant only, as I really don't care about the rest-

That statement could not be further from the truth.  Ted calls out stupid laws that don't have anything to do with:

A: The scientific management of game animals
B: The safety of sportsmen & women in the field.

Ok, I guess I will spell it out for you. I said Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't share his opinion. I will copy a snipet of his article that was sent to my email with a 1 paragraph teaser.

I'd love to hear the brain-dead, feeble argument against that. And then do a drug test on the arguer. Funny stupid."

Seems like he is resorting to name calling and belittling people that don't agree with him. Seems very tolerant! But I bet calling lawmakers stupid and telling them to get their brains scanned is a good way to get them to change their minds. I know when I get into an argument with someone, I become more open minded and want to hear more about what someone else's viewpoints if they start calling me names.

nromn

Postby nromn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 am

Sam I don't think anyone says you have to like Ted.  Or that you have to prefer my or Ted's method of hunting.  The thing ALL hunters have to understand is that cannibalizing one another is just plain wrong. 

Period.  Keep your anti feelings pointed at PETA and HSUS.  Pointing the guns at each other is foolish, counterproductive, and just makes the anti hunter's job that much easier. 

BTW, I'm printing some of your stuff off to post on the bulletin board at the ranches.  I share the laughter with friends.  Thanks for providing it.  

Hmm BirIron, I have a couple of your quotes above. The first two paragraphs are from one post and the last one is from a different one.

So you are telling people up and down in this thread to be accepting of Ted because he is good for the sport and for hunters to "point guns" at each other is counter productive.

Yet, the last paragraph seems like you are "pointing your gun" at Marc Anthony simply because you don't agree with some of his viewpoints. Seems like MA has done a lot of great things for the sport of hunting.

So which is it? Should we tolerate every hunter regardless of if we agree with them or not, for the good of the sport? Or are you simply arguing that everyone needs to tolerate TED simply because you agree with him?

Oh the hypocrisy...

El Conquistador

Postby El Conquistador » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 am

[font="times new roman"][size="3"][/size][/font]
[size="3"][font="times new roman"] [/font][/size]
[font="times new roman"][size="3"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/size][/font]
[size="3"][font="times new roman"] [/font][/size]
[font="times new roman"][size="3"][/size][/font]

I am going to respond to this part of your rant only, as I really don't care about the rest-

That statement could not be further from the truth.  Ted calls out stupid laws that don't have anything to do with:

Ok, I guess I will spell it out for you. I said Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't share his opinion. I will copy a snipet of his article that was sent to my email with a 1 paragraph teaser.

I'd love to hear the brain-dead, feeble argument against that. And then do a drug test on the arguer. Funny stupid."

Seems like he is resorting to name calling and belittling people that don't agree with him. Seems very tolerant! But I bet calling lawmakers stupid and telling them to get their brains scanned is a good way to get them to change their minds. I know when I get into an argument with someone, I become more open minded and want to hear more about what someone else's viewpoints if they start calling me names.

You forgot one part:

I am certain it is illegal to discharge a firearm in the Austin, Texas city limits, but when a dangerous vermin confronts a jogger and his dog, the right thing to do is shoot the coyote dead. I'd love to hear the braindead, feeble argument against that. And then do a drug test on the arguer.

Ted has said countless times that he doesn't tolerate illogical, baseless views that have no semblance of common sense.  Do you feel that logic and common sense would have you let your dog be eaten in front of you by the coyote?  Or do you feel logic & common sense would have you kill the vermin & protect your property?

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:33 am

Sam I don't think anyone says you have to like Ted.  Or that you have to prefer my or Ted's method of hunting.  The thing ALL hunters have to understand is that cannibalizing one another is just plain wrong. 

Period.  Keep your anti feelings pointed at PETA and HSUS.  Pointing the guns at each other is foolish, counterproductive, and just makes the anti hunter's job that much easier. 

Hmm BirIron, I have a couple of your quotes above. The first two paragraphs are from one post and the last one is from a different one.

So you are telling people up and down in this thread to be accepting of Ted because he is good for the sport and for hunters to "point guns" at each other is counter productive.

Yet, the last paragraph seems like you are "pointing your gun" at Marc Anthony simply because you don't agree with some of his viewpoints. Seems like MA has done a lot of great things for the sport of hunting.

So which is it? Should we tolerate every hunter regardless of if we agree with them or not, for the good of the sport? Or are you simply arguing that everyone needs to tolerate TED simply because you agree with him?

Oh the hypocrisy...

I am not attacking anyone here except Marc.  And I'm only doing that in self defense.  Check my above posts where I detail my issue with him.  Sorry, but when my hunt methods are attacked, I attack back. 

Then check the banter between Jslotter and myself.  He attacked me and I sparred with him some, but in the end just let him know that I won't attack his method of hunting and don't think he should be attacking mine. 

Marc is a different animal IMO.  He has a bully pulpit and his attitude is a threat to guide services/hunting ops the world over, including mine. 

I haven't attacked you and won't. 

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 am

[font="times new roman"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/font]

Good post nromn.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 am

Oh the hypocrisy...

I am not attacking anyone here except Marc.  And I'm only doing that in self defense.  Check my above posts where I detail my issue with him.  Sorry, but when my hunt methods are attacked, I attack back. 

Then check the banter between Jslotter and myself.  He attacked me and I sparred with him some, but in the end just let him know that I won't attack his method of hunting and don't think he should be attacking mine. 

Marc is a different animal IMO.  He has a bully pulpit and his attitude is a threat to guide services/hunting ops the world over, including mine. 

I haven't attacked you and won't. 

Hey, I wanted to say what I think. If I hurt someone's feelings in the process, thats their problem. I have no personal problem with you Big Iron, I like a little friction sometimes. this thread has gone far beyond orbit.

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features