Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
El Conquistador

RE: Ethics.. Schmethics Mockery

Postby El Conquistador » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 pm

ORIGINAL: nromn

ORIGINAL: El Conquistador

[font="times new roman"][size="3"][/size][/font]
[size="3"][font="times new roman"] [/font][/size]
[font="times new roman"][size="3"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/size][/font]

I am going to respond to this part of your rant only, as I really don't care about the rest-

That statement could not be further from the truth.  Ted calls out stupid laws that don't have anything to do with:

A: The scientific management of game animals
B: The safety of sportsmen & women in the field.

Ok, I guess I will spell it out for you. I said Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't share his opinion. I will copy a snipet of his article that was sent to my email with a 1 paragraph teaser.

I'd love to hear the brain-dead, feeble argument against that. And then do a drug test on the arguer. Funny stupid."

Seems like he is resorting to name calling and belittling people that don't agree with him. Seems very tolerant! But I bet calling lawmakers stupid and telling them to get their brains scanned is a good way to get them to change their minds. I know when I get into an argument with someone, I become more open minded and want to hear more about what someone else's viewpoints if they start calling me names.

I want to address the name-calling accusation.  I've not called anyone here names.  Ted hasn't called anyone names in the article.

I re-read the article again, Ted is referring to a faceless, nameless group of lawmakers and bureaucrats.  We all do that every time we stumble upon some dumb law &  say "I wonder what idiot came up with that law".  God knows I'm going to say that numerous times in the coming months as I work on my taxes.

Whether you like Ted or not, the article is a home run.  We shouldn't belittle people for doing things that we find unethical.  Of course we should always belittle people when we catch them doing something illegal-especially if it is done on purpose.

For a guy like me who travels a few times a year and hunts in many different states-it's becoming apparent that I may have to start bringing an attorney with me to the stand so I know I'm not doing anything illegal.

Have any of you ever tried to comprehend the Wyoming hunting regulations?  You need a masters degree to get through that book.

It's obvious that we are all very passionate about our sport and our own methods of take.  Know this-if my methods are legal and make you mad, go look at your priorities, because your anger will not change my methods, it will only cause your blood pressure to spike.  And that's not good for you.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:03 pm

ORIGINAL: Jslotter

ORIGINAL: BigIron

[quote]ORIGINAL: BigIron

Sam I don't think anyone says you have to like Ted.  Or that you have to prefer my or Ted's method of hunting.  The thing ALL hunters have to understand is that cannibalizing one another is just plain wrong. 

Period.  Keep your anti feelings pointed at PETA and HSUS.  Pointing the guns at each other is foolish, counterproductive, and just makes the anti hunter's job that much easier. 

BTW, I'm printing some of your stuff off to post on the bulletin board at the ranches.  I share the laughter with friends.  Thanks for providing it.  

Hmm BirIron, I have a couple of your quotes above. The first two paragraphs are from one post and the last one is from a different one.

So you are telling people up and down in this thread to be accepting of Ted because he is good for the sport and for hunters to "point guns" at each other is counter productive.

Yet, the last paragraph seems like you are "pointing your gun" at Marc Anthony simply because you don't agree with some of his viewpoints. Seems like MA has done a lot of great things for the sport of hunting.

So which is it? Should we tolerate every hunter regardless of if we agree with them or not, for the good of the sport? Or are you simply arguing that everyone needs to tolerate TED simply because you agree with him?

Oh the hypocrisy...

I am not attacking anyone here except Marc.  And I'm only doing that in self defense.  Check my above posts where I detail my issue with him.  Sorry, but when my hunt methods are attacked, I attack back. 

Then check the banter between Jslotter and myself.  He attacked me and I sparred with him some, but in the end just let him know that I won't attack his method of hunting and don't think he should be attacking mine. 

Marc is a different animal IMO.  He has a bully pulpit and his attitude is a threat to guide services/hunting ops the world over, including mine. 

I haven't attacked you and won't. 

Hey, I wanted to say what I think. If I hurt someone's feelings in the process, thats their problem. I have no personal problem with you Big Iron, I like a little friction sometimes. this thread has gone far beyond orbit.
[/quote]

I said you attacked me (not hurt my feelings).  When you say "Texas sucks and Texas ethics suck" in response to a post of mine I view that as an attack. 

And I assumed it was playful banter for our entire discourse.  That was my point to Nrom.  No hurt feelings and it's obvious you and I both like banter. 

Nromm thinks I'm after Marc because I disagree with him.  That has nothing whatsoever to do with my picking on him, as I've outlined in my posts. 

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 pm

@ Big Iron. Nope, I still hate Texas, I hate the way you guys hunt, I leave it at that. don't look into the hurting feelings statement too much. I say that for anyone out there.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

nromn

Postby nromn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: nromn

[font="times new roman"][/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
[font="times new roman"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font]

I am going to respond to this part of your rant only, as I really don't care about the rest-

That statement could not be further from the truth.  Ted calls out stupid laws that don't have anything to do with:

Ok, I guess I will spell it out for you. I said Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't share his opinion. I will copy a snipet of his article that was sent to my email with a 1 paragraph teaser.

I'd love to hear the brain-dead, feeble argument against that. And then do a drug test on the arguer. Funny stupid."

Seems like he is resorting to name calling and belittling people that don't agree with him. Seems very tolerant! But I bet calling lawmakers stupid and telling them to get their brains scanned is a good way to get them to change their minds. I know when I get into an argument with someone, I become more open minded and want to hear more about what someone else's viewpoints if they start calling me names.

I want to address the name-calling accusation.  I've not called anyone here names.  Ted hasn't called anyone names in the article.

I re-read the article again, Ted is referring to a faceless, nameless group of lawmakers and bureaucrats.  We all do that every time we stumble upon some dumb law &  say "I wonder what idiot came up with that law".  God knows I'm going to say that numerous times in the coming months as I work on my taxes.

Whether you like Ted or not, the article is a home run.  We shouldn't belittle people for doing things that we find unethical.  Of course we should always belittle people when we catch them doing something illegal-especially if it is done on purpose.

For a guy like me who travels a few times a year and hunts in many different states-it's becoming apparent that I may have to start bringing an attorney with me to the stand so I know I'm not doing anything illegal.

Have any of you ever tried to comprehend the Wyoming hunting regulations?  You need a masters degree to get through that book.

It's obvious that we are all very passionate about our sport and our own methods of take.  Know this-if my methods are legal and make you mad, go look at your priorities, because your anger will not change my methods, it will only cause your blood pressure to spike.  And that's not good for you.
[/quote]

Well I see you edited your original post which quotes the part before the sentence I quoted where he name calls. Then you asked if I agree with the coyote killing my dog and not doing anything about it. Whether I agree with that law or not is irrelevant to the point I was making.

I simply stated you and others on this thread ask everyone to tolerate ted regardless of if you agree with his opinions, yet Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't agree with him and posted a circumstance where he doesn't agree with lawmakers and instead belittles and name calls. Thats it, thats the point I was trying to make and I called it ironic.

As far as the law, like you asked If a coyote was killing my dog, I would do what I needed to stop it, illegal or not. But again, thats not the point I was trying to make.

And you will not find me belittling or name calling a persons legal way of hunting (And I never accused you of calling people names) I may not do it myself and may not personally be for it. But I will not resort to namecalling or belittling. Like I said before, if its legal, go for it. Its not for me to tell someone else how to hunt when its legal, because like you said, its simply not productive.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Didn't doubt for a minute that you were serious about Texas and Texas hunting.  But a jealous guy from Wisconsin not liking Texas or my hunt method doesn't hurt my feelings. 

You didn't tell me I shouldn't hunt that way.  You said you hate it.  That's fine. 

nromn

Postby nromn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm

BigIron,

Again it boils down to you disagreeing with a stance that Marc holds and doing what you can to discredit him, which is a direct contradiction to what you are telling others on how to behave and think in this thread with regards to Ted. It just so happens that difference of opinion conflicts with your profession.

So your stance should really be, tolerate everything other hunters do regardless of if you agree with their beliefs or not because to not do so gives the anti hunters more ammo against us...Unless their opinions happen to go against my profession, then the gloves are off and you can do whatever you would like to try to berate them and try get others to turn against that person as well.

So in essence, the only way I should disagree with anything Ted says or speak out against him is if I happen to be a stupid lawmaker whose brain is not functioning properly?

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Not jealous. I disagree with your methods and I let you know. Get over it, I do not care anymore.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

El Conquistador

Postby El Conquistador » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: El Conquistador

[quote]ORIGINAL: nromn

[font="times new roman"][size="3"]I find it ironic that the Ted Nugent backers state that we need to back all hunters, even Ted regardless of your opinion of him or how he hunts. Yet, Ted only tolerates people with HIS opinion and you are stupid if you don’t fall in line with him.[/size][/font]

[/quote]

Well I see you edited your original post which quotes the part before the sentence I quoted where he name calls. Then you asked if I agree with the coyote killing my dog and not doing anything about it. Whether I agree with that law or not is irrelevant to the point I was making.

I simply stated you and others on this thread ask everyone to tolerate ted regardless of if you agree with his opinions, yet Ted doesn't tolerate people who don't agree with him and posted a circumstance where he doesn't agree with lawmakers and instead belittles and name calls. Thats it, thats the point I was trying to make and I called it ironic.

As far as the law, like you asked If a coyote was killing my dog, I would do what I needed to stop it, illegal or not. But again, thats not the point I was trying to make.

And you will not find me belittling or name calling a persons legal way of hunting (And I never accused you of calling people names) I may not do it myself and may not personally be for it. But I will not resort to namecalling or belittling. Like I said before, if its legal, go for it. Its not for me to tell someone else how to hunt when its legal, because like you said, its simply not productive.
[/quote]
I edited nothing.  You left out the pre-text of the quote, so I added it to my first reply.

I tell you that when you or anyone berates another hunter for something you are an asset to the anti hunting community.

All of you anti ted guys are all the same.  You think you help out the hunting tradition by stating publicly that you don't like him.  You even argue that he's wrong when he says the same thing you do-only in a different way.  That is exactly what the HSUS & Peta thrive on-division amongst hunters.  You guys create it, you even promote it on a hunting forum.  That is why the anti-Ted crowd doesn't carry any weight.

Of course you didn't accuse me of name calling.  That would make you look like a liar.  You implied that Ted resorted to name calling.  I simply corrected you by pointing out that he was referring to a nameless, faceless group of lawmakers to put the idiosyncrasies of the law in context.

You quoted the coyote text-and implied that you disagree with it, so I asked you a question.  You seemed to feel it necessary to go into great detail about it and then answered it.  I don't know or care why-so don't feel the need to do it again.

Also, some of you* like to play the "he does more than you'll ever do" card.  That's very juvenile.  You* don't know what someone does, so those comments make you* look very ignorant.

* - I use the term "you" here in general, not specific to any particular poster because I cannot remember that moniker of the specific person-so don't get your water all hot if you're not that person.

I am certain many of us here go far beyond the normal gist of doing things to promote our sporting tradition.  That Ted goes farther is probably true.  His service on the NRA BOD, his Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids, his constant promotion of hunting, trapping, fishing and the outdoor lifestyle on every possible TV & radio program he gets on is to be applauded.  No denying that.

I commend D&DH for running the story.  It is a story that needed to be told.  And this ensuing thread is also very important.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm

ORIGINAL: Jslotter

Not jealous. I disagree with your methods and I let you know. Get over it, I do not care anymore.

[;)]

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 pm

"My way or the highway"?

From Ted Nugent? Nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, what he is saying is almost 180 degrees. More like "You do your thing, I'll do mine".

Does Teds approach turn some off? No doubt.

Does Ted have many who agree with him and support his views? No Doubt.

I challenge any of you to go to your nearest mall, stand in the concourse and stop and talk to 100 people who you would guess are non hunters. Chose any "representative" of the outdoor hunting world you want. Jackie Bushman, Michael Waddel, Bill Jordan, Larry Weishuhn, Marc Anthony, you choose. And with no explanation or preface ask 100 people if they know who your chosen representative is.

Then ask that same 100 people if they know who Ted Nugent is.

I dare say you'll be lucky if more than 5% know your chosen representative.

But I'll bet, at least 50% of them will know who Ted Nugent is.

And if only 10% of those have a positive reflection of him he's done more positive for hunting than any other representative.
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features