Legal vs Ethical

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
SCHINK

RE: Legal vs Ethical

Postby SCHINK » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 pm

beatiful here in Wisconsin too......Great day to do some post rut hunting [:D]
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:01 pm

"Well common sense would tell a person that give a crap about their sport specially in areas that don't have herd populations like the ones you think you have, and if you look at a 5-10year scale on most states that deer #s are down some worse then others but still have lets kill a doe month! 
 Please don't put words in my mouth I didn't say you had to be religous to be ethical reread my post and try again."

"BTW IF A PERSON CALLS HIMSELF RELIGOUS ETHICS SHOULD FOLLOW RIGHT BEHIND"

"Its in your religion to kill unborn things then? As long as a man behind a desk makes a law to ok it? Then by all means no one should object to a abortion then either right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, in areas where the deer population is down I hope people would have enough common sense not to shoot the does pregnant or otherwise.
 And it might be a good idea to keep in mind these are deer we are talking about. Not people. Abortion has nothing to do with it.
 We are supposed to be stewards of the land are'nt we? The careful and responsible management of something entrusted to our care.
 In areas where the deer are overpopulated it makes enormous amounts of sense to take out a pregnant doe. In effect taking 2-3 sometimes more deer out of the population in as efficient manner as possible.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:40 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

Its in your religion to kill unborn things then? As long as a man behind a desk makes a law to ok it? Then by all means no one should object to a abortion then either right?

No Gulfcapt, my religion only allows me to kill unborn ANIMALS. And even then, only in a lawful, regulated, humaine manner and only when necessary for food and/or conservation. So, my religion has no issue with late season doe hunting.

If needed I can back this up by citing the specific docturine and teachings of my faith. You've already admitted that you cannot, so please leave religion out of this.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 pm

DoeEyed I could not agree with you more on some points...... But on a long term goal you could control population growth with earlier open seasons. in your state alone people are complaining on both issues of to many and to little, and sharpe shooters etc.. Your state the deer herds are way down from years past..

I commented on LEGAL VS ETHICAL , and so far the only one that half heartedly answered was JPH

JPH I will say this god didn't put does on this earth for a person to shoot a preg one.
ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

"Well common sense would tell a person that give a crap about their sport specially in areas that don't have herd populations like the ones you think you have, and if you look at a 5-10year scale on most states that deer #s are down some worse then others but still have lets kill a doe month! 
Please don't put words in my mouth I didn't say you had to be religous to be ethical reread my post and try again."

"BTW IF A PERSON CALLS HIMSELF RELIGOUS ETHICS SHOULD FOLLOW RIGHT BEHIND"

"Its in your religion to kill unborn things then? As long as a man behind a desk makes a law to ok it? Then by all means no one should object to a abortion then either right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, in areas where the deer population is down I hope people would have enough common sense not to shoot the does pregnant or otherwise.
And it might be a good idea to keep in mind these are deer we are talking about. Not people. Abortion has nothing to do with it.
We are supposed to be stewards of the land are'nt we? The careful and responsible management of something entrusted to our care.
In areas where the deer are overpopulated it makes enormous amounts of sense to take out a pregnant doe. In effect taking 2-3 sometimes more deer out of the population in as efficient manner as possible.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Does shot after the rut may well be pregnant, but that does not mean all are pregnant. That said, does that are carrying twins will essentially triple the deer population in the spring if both fawns survive and killing a doe will keep the population stable. This is science.

100 does give birth to twins the population becomes 300
50 does are killed and 50 give birth to twins the population becomes 150

25 does give birth to twins the population becomes 75
13 does are killed 12 give birth to twins the population becomes 36

Regardless of pregnancy or not, elimination of does from the population reduces the herd growth and keeps it very close to stable. Equating the killing of a pregnant doe to the abortion issue is both morally and ethically offensive as the anti's proposal for birth control inoculation and about as effective.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

JPH I will say this god didn't put does on this earth for a person to shoot a preg one.

Once again, can you please explain how you have arrived at this?

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Everyone has danced around this subject YES or NO

Answer The simple ???? IS IT ETHICAL TO KILL A PREG DOE OR ANIMAL FOR THAT MATTER, AND DON'T USE THE LAW TO JUSTIFY IT BECAUSE A 5 YEAR OLD KID ON THE STREET KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SUBJECT!!!lololololol

Highlander your preaching to the choir here, and its still killing of a unborn no matter how you look at it.. But I know your trying to make a point like I am...

JPH When in church walk up to the podium and ask this simple ?? to your congregation "Is it ethical to kill a preg doe", and only that ???????. See what replies might follow, or try it with people you don't know lolol

If you have the good lords phone # to prove me wrong JPH please by all means call him so I could be set in place here! because if you show me where it says you can kill a preg anything in your bible its time for me to go to the darker side

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm not dancing around anything. It is absolutely ethical to shoot a pregnant doe. Sorry if I was somehow unclear on that.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Then to answer your question Capt. it is ethical and morally responsible to kill a pregnant doe. Humans are the caretakers of the earth and responsible for the management of all earth's resources. Since the idea is to balance man's needs with those of the natural world it is imperative that we keep the animal populations as close to balanced as we can. Killing pregnant does prevents the population from tripling while allowing a small degree of growth. Frankly, the majority of does killed after the rut, although pregnant, are not at the stage of a fully developed fetus and in fact are still clusters of cells.

Does this mean that you want to kill all does after the rut? No, each doe killed before the rut is a doe that is prevented from getting pregnant and accomplishes the same goal toward balance. But, seldom is it that enough does are killed early enough to achieve the management goals of a State. Will it happen that a doe with a fetus will be killed? Yes, but I argue that a few fetuses that fail to be born vs. a yearly tripling of the population is a small price to pay to maintain balance.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Man has raped the earth highlander, and trying to suck every natural resource avalable out of it and pump it back into the air.. we manage herds because we strip the grounds in which animals lived from, for our own gain,and will keep doing so till one day we will have nowhere to plant a acre of grass if this earth can even sustain for that long.. please dont try and glorify your response to the ???? at hand!

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features