Wild dogs on property

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Big Horse

Re: Wild dogs on property

Postby Big Horse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:34 am

Evidently you know where the dog is coming from.Have you talked to the dogs owner about the problem?

You could get a bumper sticker that reads "trespassers will be shot on sight" and the next time it comes by call the pooch over and place the sticker on his back.
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Ohio farms

Re: Wild dogs on property

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 pm

The land in question is not mine, but the owner wrote a note to his neighbor who owns the dog. He told the owner that the dog come onto his property and bared his teeth in a menacing manor not only to him but to friends who were hunting his land. He advised the owner that is was in his dogs best interest to stay off of his property and that his health could not be guaranteed.
Now things were good for a while, but what is happening is when the wife lets the dog out in the morning to do his business, he takes the opportunity to run wild in the woods. She is unable to control him without a leash.
The second issue is that the owner of the property that we hunt is now in Florida for the winter, so we are kind of on our own.

I don't want to shoot this man's dog, but I don't plan on getting bitten either.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features