Dan's Question of the Week: Neighbors

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
willseyville

RE: Dan's Question of the Week: Neighbors

Postby willseyville » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

i would like to respond to jldombach post when i was young like you said there are large tracts of woods where i live and we as neighbors didn't worry about who was hunting on who but as neighbors got old the land was sold mostly to people who don't live in the area but that's just part of it i was a farmer and still own the farm it has 300 acres woods i still let my neighbors hunt but it now posted why first i worry about lawsuits if someone should hurt. second some hunters just can't follow the rules [close the gates, pick up your trash] . but i think like you said most of it has to do with greed the hunting shows are about getting the biggest buck and if i had it my why i do away with big buck contests i think they lead to alot of the poaching[:)] wayne

elliotk

RE: Dan's Question of the Week: Neighbors

Postby elliotk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I have never met my neighbor who but the deputy he hires to guard his 400 acres each deer season has told me that the owner believes hunting is barbaric. I will never get permission to retrieve an animal should it get to his land. The deputy walks the land inadvertantly driving deer to me. Now I have found my neighbors adult childrren "sight seeing" on my property but I just want to get along so I don't make a federal case of them on my property even though my neighbor will have me cited in a heart beat if I were to go on his property.

Last summer I put a food plot on my side of the property line. A month before the gun season I found 5 new "No Tresspassing" signs posted between our property along the 100 yard path I walk to get to the food plot. The amount of signs was a bit over the top and started to think I would need start saving for a surveyor. Opening day of the gun season I went back to my stand and found he had the line surveyed only he lost about 20 yards of property giving me a big mature oak and a wild apple tree to boot. I still have never been on his property or met the man but when I do meet him I will tell him to get his signs off my property.

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features