.270 WSM ammo

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
GTOHunter

RE: .270 WSM ammo

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:10 am

RandyTew...I just checked and they are the 130 grain Ballistic Silver Tip bullets.When I inherited my .270 Browning I got a box of the regular 150 grain soft tip bullets and 2 boxes of the ballistic tip bullets so I sighted my Rifle in with the 150 grain bullets because I Deer Hunt more than I would be out shooting the .270 WSM Rifle at Predators.I also heard that the Ballistic Tip Bullets do some serious damage on an animal when exiting so I didn't want to ruin any meat on a nice Deer.....and You can't return any shells to a Store?I guess they're affraid that they could be tampered with or 1 shell shoot out of it....who knows for sure but I figured I could trade them off for shells of another caliber that I could use.

Would there be that much of a difference of changing out from 150 grain to 130 grain bullets and would the Ballistic Tip bullets in fact cause more damage to a Game Animal?The .270 WSM shells are so expensive ($35.00 to $40.00 + tax) that I may just keep them and re-sight my Rifle after I've used up the regular soft tip shells?   

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo