Anyone have trouble with Remington shells misfiring?

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
reeper0697

Anyone have trouble with Remington shells misfiring?

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Anyone have trouble with Remington shells misfiring? I have heard about people having misfires with core-lokts but personally have never had a core-lokt misfire (and pray I never do since that's what I hunt deer with).
I bought bulk Golden Bullets for .22 shooting and have never seen such bad quality control in my life. We were getting on average 2 misfires per every 10 shots. I used to use them and never had a problem until that batch.
Then I went out shooting with a buddy of mine and had a couple 12ga Remington Game Loads misfire. Family friends of mine were huge into duck hunting and they never bought Remington shells due to misfires and they would only shoot Federals. So I'm just curious if anyone else has had any problems with them.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

berudd

RE: Anyone have trouble with Remington shells misfiring?

Postby berudd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:13 am

Nope

mgemmill

Postby mgemmill » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:58 am

read my copper solid thread one page back !!!

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am

I have a CVA Optima Elite that I got a .243 barrel for. When I sighted it in this last summer I used coreloks. Out of the 16 rounds I shot that day I had 2 misfires.

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 am

What did the firing pin indentation look like on the rounds that fired. I have found that close to 80% of the rounds that wouldn't fire in one gun fire on the 1st try in another. It's usually due to at weak spring, dirty mechanism or in the case of single shots, a head space problem.

CB

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 am

I noticed on my Optima Elite, which is a single shot break action that the firing pin indentations looked good other than not really being centered in the primer. I have not had the problem with the muzzleloader barrels using 209 primers. It may be a head space problem on mine and my dad has made some rounds up that I need to test out and see if the problem continues or not.

oldtimer270

Postby oldtimer270 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 am

a hot 130 grain core lock --wrecked my remington auto this year---remington repaired it.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am

Does a jam count? For some reason when ejecting a fired slug casing (I use CoreLokt) out from my Remington 870, the next one coming up out of the magazine keeps jamming and won't go into the barrel and jams up in the action. I cannot figure it out. The guns has been cleaned and it still does it every few shots. The only thing different is I put a scope on it with a new scope mount. Before that I used the iron sights. Doesn't make sense that the new scope mount would jam it up?

Return to Guns and Ammo