Any recommendations for composite rifle stocks?

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
berudd

Any recommendations for composite rifle stocks?

Postby berudd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 am

I plan to replace the stock on my Savage 110 .270 this year with a composite stock. I'll be looking for one of the more affordable options and wondered if anyone has any experiences (good and bad) they could share.

shaman

RE: Any recommendations for composite rifle stocks?

Postby shaman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 am

I bought a Ram-line stock for KYHillChick's 110 that was every bit as good as the original.  It was a new-in-package yute stock that went for around $50 after shopping around online.    It required a little bit of relieving with the Moto Tool, but nothing I would not expect from any drop-in stock.

You're bound to pick up something nice off one of the online auction sites.  Somebody trades up and is willing to let their factory stock go for peanuts.

What's up with the stock you have?
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

berudd

Postby berudd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks Shaman, good to hear from someone back home.  Henderson native here.  The stock I have now is an oftermarket custom stock that was on the rifle when I bought it used.  It is a nice looking walnut monte carlo stock but had no checkering and needs to be sealed better.  It is also pretty heavy and the foreend is very deep and full.  I could seal it and maybe shape it a bit and probalby have a very pretty stock but then I would be too concerned about scratching it.  I'd rather have a durable black composite stock that I am less concerned with cosmetically. 

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Factory-Savage-Stev ... 2a03ab6e93

This gives you an idea of what I was saying. 

Henderson?  Right now, I'm in Cincinnati, but the farm is between Falmouth and Brooksville.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

berudd

Postby berudd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 am

Yep, on the Ohio on the KY/IN border a couple hours west of L'ville.  My folks live on Lake Barkely so I still get back from time to time.

Thanks for the link.  That would be a great deal, I might go ahead and pick it up.

Return to Guns and Ammo