Guns, parts, and ammo getting harder to Get???

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
mag30079

Guns, parts, and ammo getting harder to Get???

Postby mag30079 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I got an email last week about some rich guy that hates guns and hunting, this is what it said!

For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.
Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the wealthiest and most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but ever since I got this email, I've had a gun order put on backorder (due to the factory having a snag), half of my Cheaper then dirt order has been canceled, and ammo plus a new cleaning station I was gonna buy last week is sold out and can not be back ordered.

Can someone enlighten me on as to why? What changed in the last week or two?
Thank you
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

shaman

Re: Guns, parts, and ammo getting harder to Get???

Postby shaman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Bottom Line: The link between George Soros and Cerebus is a complete fiction.

I've had trouble ordering stuff on and off for 4 years-- shooting supplies probably more so than others. The overall problem is the economy sucks and a lot of companies have cut down on production runs of lesser SKU's in order to concentrate on high-profit high-demand items. I worked for a company that made solder, brazing rods etc. for 10 years. Just after I left, they cut a 10,000 SKU inventory down to about 1000 and killed off several major product lines that had been operating with a low profit margin. If your business depended on one of those high-tech low-profit alloys you were screwed.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

shaman wrote:http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Bottom Line: The link between George Soros and Cerebus is a complete fiction.

I've had trouble ordering stuff on and off for 4 years-- shooting supplies probably more so than others. The overall problem is the economy sucks and a lot of companies have cut down on production runs of lesser SKU's in order to concentrate on high-profit high-demand items. I worked for a company that made solder, brazing rods etc. for 10 years. Just after I left, they cut a 10,000 SKU inventory down to about 1000 and killed off several major product lines that had been operating with a low profit margin. If your business depended on one of those high-tech low-profit alloys you were screwed.

You hit the nail on the head,
Less production runs, more people trying to buy equals, More head aches for us. Next time when I see it on sale I better buy on the spot.

Thanks Shaman,
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

unlimitedhunter

Postby unlimitedhunter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 pm

This has been a problem for sometime mostly in the ammunition arena, even though demand has been very high the last few years, to my knowledge ammunition manufacturers have not increased output to keep up with demand. Not sure why as it would seem that they would want to grab more business, maybe we should start manufacturing ammunition? I'm sure there are some steep rules and regulations to get around :)

Handgun Ammunition -> http://www.unlimitedhunter.com/handgun-ammunition/

Return to Guns and Ammo