day at the range

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Vikinghater

day at the range

Postby Vikinghater » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Wife and I went to the range and I worked on the slug gun and she shot the .357 mag a whole bunch!   I have decided that the Hornady SST seem to group the best in my gun.   The Hornadys in one box had a dead shell , just a small "pop" and the wife said she saw somthing hit the ground 10yards in front of me .  We searched but couldnt find the slug.   There was another target of the winchesters that grouped real good at 50 yards but I must have thrown it away.   I left at least 5 min between each round and ran a solvent soaked mop thru after each target.

Mac

RE: day at the range

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Pretty nice groups. Y'all probably saw the plug or "wad" hit the ground at 10 yards. Thats a little scary to have a dead round like that. At least it did fire and you didn't have to eject a live round that didn't go off. My wife is a crazed 9mm fanatic... She's not bad with it either.
Good luck with the slugs, I hope you kill all them slimey things... lol
Quote: "Real men hunt with fly swatters!" - me... lol

Vikinghater

RE: day at the range

Postby Vikinghater » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:24 pm

I am not impressed with the  100 yard grouping though.   With the winchesters super x 1oz slugs I had them shooting dead at 100 and they would shoot 3-4"hi  at 50 and then the next time after a cleaning rod run thru they would shoot dead at 50 !! Maybe I just need to give up on the slug gun and only hunt the rifle counties

Return to Guns and Ammo