Weapons Wish List.. Yours???

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
USN_Sam1385

Weapons Wish List.. Yours???

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Here is the Wish List that I have in a word document on my desktop. When the funds are right again I will start buying some of these. I currently own 6 firearms right now. Here are the ones that I want, and a few related extras:

PISTOLS:
CZ 75B Stainless 9 mm Luger $600
Colt or Springfield Armory 1911 .45 ACP, need to research more
RIFLE:
Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 with H.S. Precision PST007 stock with adjustable LOP and adj. Cheek Piece. $1100
Additional: Harris Bipod, SWFA SS 10X Scope, Combat Strap ($450)
ZOMBIE GUNS:
Rock River Arms AR-15 .223 with ACOG scope or Stag Arms Super Varminter
Russian Red Wood AK-47 7.62 X 39 (Too much money currently as of May/09. Around $850)
EXTRAS:
9mm Conversion Package for my Sig ($250)
Reloading Kit (Around $250)

What do you guys want???

nhdeerchaser

RE: Weapons Wish List.. Yours???

Postby nhdeerchaser » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey USN!
Good thread!
My wishlist would include a new PSE compound bow(not sure which one)
A T/C pro hunter .50 caliber muzzleloader topped with a 1.5-5x32 hawken hunter scope.
For a deer rifle, I would have a Browning A-bolt medallion in 7mm-08 topped with a bushnell 3200 elite 3-9x40
For turkey, it would be a benelli superblack eagle II with steadygrip in realtree AP with burris speed dot scope in 12 ga.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 am

Even though I've had the same bow since I was 10 or 11 (31 now), and really do love it, I'd like to get a new bow.  I'm not sure what kind yet.  I used to love bowtech's, so would possibly look at them first.

Also, I want to get a TC ProHunter.  Hopefully this year or next!!!!
QDM!

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:58 am

My wish list is kinda simple but probably nothing different that other people's list.  I'd like to own stable of many of the popular calibers and a gun that represents a good example of that caliber.  Here's a few pistol examples:

SW Model 29 44 mag
Colt Python 357 mag
Beretta 9mm
1911 (by nearly any manf) 45 acp

For rifles, I'd like to have a nice representation of military guns.  I'd also, as with the pistols, would like to have a good representation of some popular calibers and platforms.

AR15
Ak47
M1 Garand
Lever-action 30-30
A nice bolt action 30-06

I'm pretty set with shotguns but I do really want a good o/u for skeet and sporting clays.  I use one of my pumps at the moment. 

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:11 am

I've not been acquiring all that many the past few years, except for the kids. 

I'm still on the prowl for #3 son's first adult deer rifle.  He's got 5 years for it yet, but I'd like to find him a 30-06  Win 670.  I've got one, #2 got one.  This is the old K-Mart version of the Winchester Model 70.  He's either going to end up with one of those Remington Model 760's in 30-06.

I'd also like to find a worn out  Thompson Center  sidelock that someone wants to part with on the cheap.  If it has a good lock and revivable stock and furniture, I'll throw a Green Mountain Barrel on it and give it to one of the kids.  Right now Moose is happy with his Mossberg ML barrel on his 500.  Angus can still wait a few years.  I'm looking though.

For me?  The list is either very short or very long.  The few that are on my bucket list are:

In smokepoles:

1)  A full-stock flinter of the type carried into the Kentuck by Boone, Kenton, and KYHillChick's kin.  I want a nice one.  At some point I want to go back to patched round ball for deer

2)  A Brown Bess.  I just love 'em

3)  A .58 Zouave muskatoon-- The epitomy of the front-stuffer military rifle.  Pendersoli makes a nice repro.

Centerfire:

For my dotage as a deer hunter, I think I want a Ruger International in something like 6.5X55 Swede, or 7X57 Mauser or some such thing.  I dig mannlicher-type full stocks, but I know it's not a good idea for medium .30 cals I like so much now.  When I finally find that rifle,  I'll burrow in on that cartridge, whatever it is and  keep loading for it until I can't pull the handle any more, and then I'll know it's probably time to hang it up for good.  I just hope I have a good supply loaded before that happens.  I'm still a long way from even starting to look for the rifle, but this is the one I want them to pull out of my cold dead hands when they find me in my tree stand.

A nice pre-64 Win Model 70 in 30-06-- nothing too fancy. I'd like to resurrect an old action with a barrel and nice wood.  I'm not a collector.  As long as it feels good and shoots well, I'd be happy.

After the kids are done with the Marlin 336 in 30-30, I think I want to have it rechambered for 307 Winchester.  Nonneman does a good job on this, so I hear.  I also want to acquire a 35 Rem and send it off to him to make a 356 Win out of it.  After that, I may be done acquiring lever actions

. . . except for a 45-70-- maybe.  I'm still thinking on this.  I'd like to explore the 44-45 calibers.  I just haven't figure out how I want to do it yet.  There's really no reason for it.  I just think they're cool.  They open up to a bunch of possibilities--  cast bullets,  paper patched bullets, black powder centerfire.  It just sounds like fun.  I still haven't made up my mind on the action either.  It may be a bolt gun, or a lever or a single shot. 

There. That's the list. 

. . . did I mention the Savage 99 in .358 WIN?
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Return to Guns and Ammo