henry lever action .22 leading/ejection issues

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
yamazinger

henry lever action .22 leading/ejection issues

Postby yamazinger » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:02 pm

I have a henry .22 lever action i bought new 6 -7 years ago and never really put that many rounds through it, but cannot remember how it acted previously. last year i started shooting it more and the gun refuses to shoot hollow points or anything other than solid lead bullets. when i cock the lever to start loading the round it will shave 1/3 of the bullet off then wedge into the chamber. finally i had a breakdown and got solid lead bullets and they work when it comes to loading, but what a piece of shit if it cant shoot anything other than that. its not like .22s are common anymore and you certainly do not have a selection if there are some on the shelf. and my second problem is now the rifle doesnt eject the shells anymore. i have to pry them out with a screwdriver. I thought henry was a quality gun but if you put any kind of use on these things they are junk. can i buy a new ejector or even bolt?

shaman

Re: henry lever action .22 leading/ejection issues

Postby shaman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 am

I don't have that problem with my Henry, but I have had it with other lever-action rifles.

1) Clean it REALLY well.
2) Take it to a 'smith.
3) Send it down the road.

Hopefully step one will clean up the problem.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Return to Guns and Ammo